Chapter Sëvëñ-Sïx: Lïvïñg

(Due to some thinking and all, I'm making a character change. Lux is a german Shepard now. I like him being his current breed but when I write, a g.s. comes to mind so slight change, also sorry for time skips ahhh)

A month later

Zoey was laying down all the plastic for their new house. The plan was to paint first then eventually, slowly move in. Lux was rolling around on the plastic playing with his tire toy as Josh taped the wall edges to keep them white when they painted. She finished setting up the plastic tarps and groans laying down on the floor. "Comfortable?" Josh raised a brow with a small smirk. "Not even close." She smiled. Josh laughed and helped her up. "I'll go grab the paint." He kissed her cheek before jogging off, almost slipping on the plastic wrap as she giggled.

Josh came back with all the paint cans and brushes. He peeled off all the lids. "Alright, ready to start this room?" "Mhm." She smiled wide and grabbed one of the rollers. Josh grinned and they both dipped their stuff. On the count of three, they began painting, smiles on their faces.

Thirds of the way done, Josh had dropped his brush and it splattered on Zoey getting it on her leg. "Oh!" She gasped. Josh laughed. "I'm sorry baby." She cut him a look playfully and ran the roller down his arm, covering it in paint. Josh's eyes widened. "That's foul play! I got you by accident!" His mouth dropped and he ran his brush across her butt. "Josh!!" She squealed and giggled rolling paint down the side of his face. "Oh that's it!" He smirked and started wiping paint all over her as she squealed and tried running away while splattering him with paint.

Josh dipped both his hands in the paint and proceeded to wipe his hands all over her and she painted his face and chest. He dipped his hands once more before grabbing her waist and hugging her tight, soaking her stomach in paint. "It's so cold!!" She squeals and laughs kicking around as he lifts her up. Josh laughed hard before letting her go. Zoey then grabbed the roller pan and poured it on his feet. Josh yelped at the sudden coldness and tried to grab her, slipping onto the plastic and falling on his back. Not before grabbing Zoey's hands and bringing her with, causing her to fall on top of him.

The room was filled with laughs and paint as she tried to get up and slipped back onto Josh. "Look at this mess oh my gosh." Zoey laughed. "Look at the dog." Josh snickered and pointed at Lux who had a little paint on his back. He barked and stood up. Both their eyes widened. "Lux no!-" "Lux don't!!-" They were cut off as he proceeded to shake off the paint and run out the room, trailing white paw prints down the hallway. "Lux!!" Zoey squealed and got up.

Hours later, they were back at the old house. Lux and Zoey were clean as could be as Josh walked out the shower in just his towel. "Did you order dinner?" He asked, already grabbing his clothes. "Yep. Chinese is on the way." She looked around. "Can you believe that soon enough, we won't be living here anymore?" "I know it's crazy." Josh looked around before putting on his clothes. "Does anyone know we're moving yet?" She asked playing with the bedsheet. "Not yet. I figure I'll speak to Tyler or someone. I'm sure him and Jordan wouldn't mind coming down to help move stuff." "How is Bailey and Rylan by the way?" "Good. Jenna is convinced they're gonna take after Tyler because they've grown a quick liking to music and playing with his piano." He smiles. "That's so precious." She giggles. "What do you think our kids will be like?" Josh laid on the bed next to her as she laid back and on his chest. "I'm not sure. I know what I hope they are." "Which is?" He played with her hair. "Smart. Disciplined. Well mannered. Not depressed. Successful. Overall, just happy." She sighed. "You're still afraid they're gonna come out-" "Like me." Zoey bit her lip and looked up at Josh.