Chapter Sïxty-Fïvë: Thë Ëñd Øf Mådñëss Pårt Twø

This was the third time Zoey had screamed in the night. Josh quickly sat up and shook her awake. She woke up panting and crying. He sat her up and pulled her into his arms. "It's just a nightmare baby. I've got you." He rocked her back and fourth. The sound of her cries hurt him. Josh didn't know what to do. He kissed her head continuing to rock her. "Let's get you some water, okay baby?" He lifted her chin. Zoey nodded and rubbed her eye. Josh wiped her tears and helped her out of bed.

"Go rinse your face and I'll be right back baby." He kissed her gently and escorted her to the bathroom before running downstairs. Zoey just looked into the mirror and cried. Flashes from the accident pouring and burning into her eyes. Open or shut she saw them. Zoey leaned on the sink and pulled at her hair with her other hand.

Josh came back almost immediately with a glass of water. "Oh sweety." He furrowed his brow. "Sit down." Josh sat her on the toilet lid gently. "Here you go." He handed her the water and squatted rubbing her knee. "You didn't rinse your face." He caressed her cheek. "Sorry." Her voice was shakey. Josh shook his head. "Don't be Zoreo." Josh smiled earning a half smile from her.

He grabbed one of the rags off the rack and ran it under cold water. He squeezed out the excess and went back to his squatting position. "C'mere." Josh gently started wiping her face with the rag. This was calming her and felt soothing. She closed her eyes drinking her water as he continued. "You're gonna be okay. I promise." He smiled. Zoey smiled and set her glass down. She ran her hand over his cheek feeling his scruff. Josh wiped her cheeks gently smiling. "What?" He asked. "I love you." She smiled in a hushed voice. "I love you too." He grinned and kissed her palm as he continued wiping her face.

Zoey took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Just like Josh taught her. Josh looked down. He didn't wanna talk about this next. It might not be the best time but, if he didn't say anything soon she may end up worse.

"Zoey.." He bit his lip. "Yeah?" She smiled. "The doctor spoke with me.." Her smile faded. "He says.. you might need-" "No. No. No." "Zoey it might help you-" "No!!" She screamed and stood up. Josh furrowed his brow and stood up. "Zoey-" "No!" She pulled at her hair. "Please listen to me!" Josh held her wrists. Zoey went silent as tears streamed down. "I love you. I will do absolutely EVERYTHING in my power to keep you safe and out of harms way. To keep you happy and okay. Anything to keep you stress free and that genuine beautiful smile on your face. I wouldn't be telling you if I didn't think it could help. Zoey baby, I know how you feel about them. I do. I fought hard to keep you off them and help. Zoey, I'm not enough for you." He furrowed his brow. "J-Josh-" "I'm not baby. And I'm so so sorry I'm not. It hurts me. These pills might though. You have to at least think about it. Maybe try them just for a little bit. If they dont work or you don't like them I will take you off them immediately. You have to trust me though." Josh held her face. "I know you're scared. I am too Zoey." His voice cracked. "I dont like this. I hate seeing you cry. I hate you being in pain. I hate hearing your screams in the middle of the night. There's nothing I can do either. I feel so useless. I'm your husband. Its my job to keep you safe and healthy. I am going to do that. I promised you you were gonna be okay. I dont care what I have to do, I will do that. You're gonna be fine. I'm gonna make sure of it. You're the sweetest girl in the world and I love you for it." Josh smiled. "You deserve to be happy just as much as anyone else Zoey." His voice cracked again and he cleared his throat.

Zoey just remained quiet as tears streamed down. "I love you bubblegum girl. I'm gonna keep you safe. Those voices in your head." He gently rubbed her temple. "I'm gonna shut them up. I swear on my life. I won't let you get you. Not you, not blurry, not those nightmares, not anyone or anything will hurt you. Over my dead body." Josh's tone firm. Zoey loosened up and brought her arms down. "Will you at least go to the doctor and talk about it? Look at some things and what's best. If at any point you dont wanna take them anymore you can stop. I promise." He caressed her cheeks. "Please?"