Chapter Ñïñëtëëñ: Plåñës

"Ok so I'm really lazy, we know this, so I need your help." Lily walked upstairs with Zoey. "With the wedding?" Zoey asked. "Yeah." She replied. "Well of course I'd help. First off if you did it by yourself it'd be in a taco bell with burritos as your flowers. Not that its the worse thing because taco bell is babe but its also my job as your maid of honor to help you." Zoey smiled. "Awesome! Thank you so much Zoey. It means the world." She hugged her. "Go get some sleep miss soon to be bride." Zoey patted Lily's head.

She rolled her eyes and went into her room. Zoey headed to her own room and shut the door. She couldn't stop smiling. It was so exciting. A wedding. Even better was that it was Lily's wedding.

While she changed into her PJs the smile left her face when a thought came across.

Once she's married, that means she'll move out. She'll go live with her new wife. Zoey would be left alone. She laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

It wasn't that she couldn't pay rent, it was the fact that Zoey's never been alone. Even when she left her parents house she lived with someone. This was the first that it would be just her. The thought freaked her out. Zoey wasn't sure if she trusted herself to be alone. But at the same time she was a big girl and this was Lily's time. It was about her not Zoey. She smiled once more before falling asleep.

Before Zoey knew it, it was the last week of May. Today they were flying to Columbus, Ohio. She was all ready and packed not even thinking about the trip.

"I'm gonna miss you." Lily pouted. "It'll just be a couple months." Zoey hugged her. "A couple? You'll be gone until late October." Lily hugged her tightly. "Ok maybe more than a couple. But we will text and call and Skype allll the time. Especially for the wedding stuff." Zoey smiled. "Of course. And please please text me when your ass gets off the plane." Lily looked at her. "I promise." She smiled once more.

Lily drove her to the airport to meet Josh. Tyler and Jenna were already in Ohio. All Zoey had was two bags. One big suitcase and a second smaller one. She didn't wanna bring a lot.

They walked into the airport and Zoey froze. It just hit her that she was flying. On a plane. In the air. Her eyes widened. She was terrified of flying and planes. She wasn't even gonna get started on her fear of heights.

Josh walked over. "Hey!" He smiled. "You ready?" He asked. "Uh, I, ye-, um, yes." Zoey started to shake. Josh looked at Lily. "She'll be ok. Right Zoe?" She asked. "Yep yep. Totally." Zoey clenched her bag. "Gimme one last hug." Lily hugged her and Zoey returned it.

Josh held her hand as they walked to the gate. He felt her tremble and squeeze his hand more and more as they inched closer. He stopped.

"Are you ok Zoey?" He looked at her. "Y-" "Be honest." Josh told her. "Nope. I've never been on a plane. They freak me out. I hate them. I hate heights. I'm terrified of dying." She spoke fast. "Hey its okay. I've been on one a lot. Its freaky your first time but you get used to it. I'll be right next to you and you can squeeze my hand as hard as you want." He smiled.

Zoey didn't seem convinced. "You can stay-" "No." She cut him off. She took a staggered breath. "I'm doing this for you. Know that." She closed her eyes tight and squeezed his hand. Zoey took another breath and walked to the gate. Josh smiled.

As they got to the door of the plane she felt her anxiety hit her like a train. She tried to hide it from Josh but he noticed when they sat down. She had a window seat.

"Want to switch with me?" He asked rubbing her hand. "No. I don't want to sit next to someone else." She gripped the seat handles. He looked over at Zoey again who looked like she'd seen a ghost. She was pale. More than usual and she was tense.

"Hey. Look at me. Its okay baby." Josh held her hand. "You still have time to get off-" "Nope." She closed her eyes tight. One to the stewardess started to go over safety stuff but Zoey zoned out. Consumed by her thoughts she was brought back to reality when the plane started to take off. She squeezed Josh's hand and he squeezed back.

She made the mistake of looking out the window and her eyes widened. Zoey flung back in her seat. Josh immediately closed the shade and gently forced Zoey to look at his face.

"Don't pay attention to the plane. Look at me. Just me." He held one hand with his right and his left on her cheek. "Okay." She was shaking. She started to look else where and was getting teary eyed. "Hey. No. Just me. Dont pay attention to them or the sounds. Just me. My eyes, my voice, my goofy hair, just me." He looked her in the eyes and smiled.

Zoey smiled and looked at just Josh. He started to ramble about random things to get her mind off it. He knew how to handle anxiety and Zoey. Josh started making cheesy jokes and talking about what tacos aliens would eat. This made her laugh.

Before she knew it she was mainly calm. Thanks to Josh. They had about 3 hours left. Josh handed her some headphones.

"What's this for?" She asked. "To listen to music or watch a movie. So you can't hear the plane." He smiled. "But they're yours-" she stopped as he pulled out another pair in his pocket. "Oh." She laughed. "Thank you." She kissed his cheek. Josh smiled and looked at her. She seemed a lot better now. He kissed her on the lips.

They put their headphones in as they both listened to music. Zoey held onto Josh's arm. He fell asleep by accident.

3 hours went by and the plane landed. Josh woke up and wiped his face. He looked over to see Zoey had actually managed to fall asleep during the ride while holding onto his arm.

Josh took out one of her earplugs. "Zoey, baby, were here." He tried to wake her up. "Mmmm" Zoey mumbled and stretched. She had forgotten she was on the plane till she opened her eyes. She immediately sat up. "Hey its okay! We landed." He assured her. "Oh. Oh thank god." She sighed in relief. Josh kissed her head and they got off.

"So how was it?" He asked walking down the airport with her. "Scary." She laughed. "Like a rollercoaster?" Josh compared. "No. Roller coasters can be fun. You laugh after. That's a flying death trap." She continued forward. Josh was quiet. "I'm just messing with you. I mean it was terrible but honestly not as bad as it could have been. Thanks to you." She smiled. Josh laughed and they walked out.

Tyler was standing out front by the car. He looked like something out of sixteen candles which made Zoey giggle. (For ppl who haven't seen it. First 30 seconds of video.) Josh put his arm around her and they headed over to Tyler.

"What's up man?" Tyler hugged Josh. "Hey!" Josh retuned the hug and put his bags in the trunk. He grabbed Zoey's stuff and put it in next to his. "Hey Zoey. How ya been?" Tyler hugged her. "I've been good. How about you?" Zoey smiled. "Great. Were excited to have you with us." Tyler smiled. "Yes! I can't wait." She clapped.

Josh shut the trunk. "Ready?" Tyler tossed his keys up and caught them. "Yep." He smiled and opened the back door for Zoey. "Thanks." She smiled and got in. Josh got in the passenger seat and they were off.

"Your moms looking forward to seeing you finally." Tyler poked Josh. "I miss her. I can't wait to see her." Josh smiled. "What a mommas boy." Tyler laughed. "You're one to talk." Josh laughed back. "Whatever. Anyway, she's waiting for you when we get back. She made some cake thing too. Dude its sooo good." The brown haired boy went on. "Sickkk." Josh rubbed his stomach.

Zoey was looking out the window listening to the dorks go on when she realized what Tyler said. Josh's mom was waiting for them. She was gonna have to meet the one and only, Momma Dun.