Chapter Thïrty-Fïvë: Yïñ Åñd Yåñg

A couple days went by and Zoey was back home. It was Twenty-one pilots two week break. Josh was going to have dinner with Zoey and her parents during the break. The word "nervous" was an understatement of how he felt.

Josh was talking to Zoey on the phone about the dinner in a few days. "Just wear what you normally would." She said. "Its a dinner with your parents " he sighed. "Josh you'll do fine babe." Zoey told him. "I'm so-" Josh sniffed. "Is something burning?" He asked out loud. "What?" Zoey stood up. "Oh shit!" Josh dropped the phone. "Josh?!" Zoey yelled.

Josh ran downstairs and opened the oven. "Damn it!" Josh burnt his pizza rolls. He was so caught up in talking to Zoey he forgot he was making his dinner. Now all that was left were shriveled pieces of what looked like coal. There was a lot of smoke and Josh was trying to fan it away. He was in such a panic he grabbed the pan with his bare hand. "Ahh!" Josh threw it in the sink. He shut the oven with his leg while holding his hand.

There was a knock at his door. Josh looked up in pain and back at his hand. He shook it and turned around. Doing so he knocked a plate down with his elbow. "Really?!" He sighed. They knocked again. "Uh, hang on!" He yelled. Josh bent down and started picking up all the glass pieces. The door opened but he couldn't see. Josh sliced his finger on a piece while trying to rush. Josh winced in pain. Today was not his day. The person ran around the corner. "Josh?!" Zoey gasped. He was shocked she was here so quickly. "Oh baby, what happened?!" She got down. "I forgot about my food in the oven and then I broke a plate and before I burned my-" Zoey hugged him. "Okay okay. Shhh come on we gotta clean you up." She helped him up. "The glass?" He pointed. "I'll get it later. To the bathroom." Zoey guided him upstairs.

Josh was sitting on the toilet with his hand out. "You did quite a number on yourself." Zoey smiled at him running his hand under cold water. Josh fidgeted in pain. "I know I know." He sighed. "Keep that there and keep the towel pressed on your finger. I'll be right back." She ran out the bathroom.

Josh kept thinking to himself how stupid he was. Zoey came back with a first aid kit. "Keep that under water, give me your other hand." Zoey held her hand out. Josh laid his other hand on hers. "This is gonna hurt." She told him. Josh nodded. Zoey carefully rinsed off the blood and then poured some rubbing alcohol on it. Josh unintentionally tried pulling away. "Relax." She said softly. Zoey wrapped it up in some gauze and a bandaid. "Other hand." Zoey said. Zoey gently rubbed some neosporin on it. His burn wasn't as bad as she worried. "You got lucky mister." Zoey smiled. "Thank you nurse Zoey." Josh stood up and smiled. "God. You gave me such a scare." Zoey hugged him. "I'm sorry." He wrapped his one arm around her waist. "All I hear is something burning, you yell, next thing I know you drop the phone. No answer." Zoey kissed his neck and held him. "Again, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you." Josh looked at her. "You're fine and that's all that matters." She smiled. Josh kissed her pulling her close. "Mmcareful. Your hand." Zoey broke the kiss. "I'm fine." Josh smiled. Zoey held his hand with the cut. She kissed his finger and smiled at him. "Please be more careful." Zoey pecked his lips. Josh closed his eyes and smiled. "I will." He whispered. Josh rubbed her shoulder. "I love you." Josh leaned forward as their noses touched. "I love you too dork." She snickered.

Zoey pushed Josh into the living room. "Plant it mister." Zoey forced him to sit on the couch. "Where are you going?" He laughed. "To the kitchen." She walked away. Josh grabbed her hand and winced. He forgot about his hand. "Don't. The floor. You'll cut yourself." Josh looked at her. "Josh I'll be fine. I've got shoes on." Zoey kissed his hand. "I can't let you clean it by yourself. I won't let you clean it by yourself. It's my mess, I'll do it." Josh stood up and protested. "And we see how that worked out. Joshy, baby, relax. Sit down and watch TV." Zoey pushed him back down. "Zo-" "Nope." She crossed her arms. Josh huffed and turned on the TV. Zoey smirked and headed to the kitchen.