Chapter Ëïghtëëñ: Påckïñg Üp

Later that day Zoey awoke to find herself sleeping in a car. She looked at the passenger seat to see it empty. Zoey reached in her pocket thankful to feel her phone.

She sat up wondering where Josh was. Last thing she remembered was playing in the parking lot with Josh. As Zoey yawned, she noticed she had Josh's jacket laying on her. She didn't remember using it for a blanket.

Zoey knew it was Josh's car but where was he? She tried calling him but there was no answer. His skateboard was in the back still. She noticed the car doors were locked. Zoey unlocked her door and got out. She put on Josh's jacket and shut the door.

As the breeze blew her lilac hair in every direction, she turned the corner. A couple stores and fast food places. She still wasn't sure were she was. Walking a little further she heard a voice call from behind.

"Zoe?" "Hm?" She turned around. Zoey sighed in relief to see her bright haired boyfriend walking over to her. She noticed he had two grocery bags. "I see you woke up." He smiled setting them down to hug her. "Where did you go?" She hugged him back. "Just to pick up a couple things for tour and lunch. You fell asleep on the way here, I didn't wanna wake you. I had no idea I took that long I'm sorry." Josh kissed her forehead. "Its ok." She smiled. "What took you so long anyway?" She asked. "Um nothing. Just couldn't find the cereal at first and then I ran into some fans." Josh picked up the bags. "Awe that's cool." She smiled. "That I ran into a bunch of fans?" He questioned. "Are you not excited about them?" She asked. "Not really, I mean I hurt my foot. But I guess that's what I get for not looking." He laughed.

"Wait, what?" She stopped. "You meant literal fans?" "Yeah." He laughed. "Oh." Zoey felt so dumb. Josh felt bad and kissed her. "I'm still kidding. I did run into some of the clique. I just wanted to mess with you." He snickered. "Really Josh? I can't even be mad because you got me good." She smiled. "Stop Joshing around and let's go." Zoey snickered. "I'm so dun with you." He laughed as they walked back to the car.

They got in and Zoey went to take off his jacket. "No. Keep it on if you want. I don't need it and it looks good on you." Josh smiled going through one of the bags. Zoey blushed and zipped it back up. Josh handed her something wrapped in foil. "What's this?" She asked. "Lunch." He grabbed another out and set it aside.

She unwrapped it to find a soft taco. "Wasn't sure what exactly you wanted." He laughed as he pulled out of the parking spot. "Its good." She smiled. "Where to now?" She asked taking a bite. "Dunno." He made a turn. "You're just driving around?" She laughed. "Maybe might head back to the house, might head to space. Maybe the park." He winked at her.

15 minutes later they were still driving around. Zoey had finished her food. She heard Josh's stomach growl. Zoey grabbed his food and unwrapped the burrito. Josh glanced at her. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Here." She put the burrito to his mouth. "What?" "You can't eat and drive. Bite." She waved it. "Really?" He snickered. "Joshua. Bite." The purple haired girl laughed. Josh bit down and she pulled it away. "Thank you Zoey." He smiled swallowing the big bite. She handed it to him again. "You're really gonna help me eat?" He laughed and looked at her. "Duh. Now eat you dork." She smiled. Josh took another bite. Then Zoey handed him his water. "Let me know when." She tilted the bottle in his mouth. Josh nodded trying not to spill it. Zoey pulled it back and laughed. "Ahh. Thank you beautiful." He smiled at her. "Anytime cutie." She winked.

They arrived at his place. Josh had finished his burrito thanks to Zoey. They got out and headed inside. Tyler was watching TV.

"Where's Jenna?" Josh asked tossing his keys on the table. "Getting her nails done." He glanced at Josh. "Oh." Josh nodded. "Yeah then were heading out." Tyler rubbed his leg. "Cool. Well I'll be upstairs." Josh told him. "Gotcha. Hey Zoe." Tyler waved. "Hey Tyjo." She waved back. Josh grabbed Zoey's hand and they headed upstairs.

Josh shut his door and glanced at Zoey. "Did you have fun today?" He asked. "Totally." She smiled. Josh walked over and wrapped his arms around her. This sent a spark through Zoey's body. She smiled and kissed him. "How are you?" He asked. "Good.?" She laughed. "I mean..how are you?" He moved her hair behind her ear. "Oh..still good. Thanks." She smiled. "What about you?" Zoey looked at him. "I'm fine." He smiled. "Are you lying?" "What?" "Fine. Something you say when you're not. Least with most people." She rubbed his arms. "Oh, wrong choice of words. I'm good." He smiled correcting himself. "Good." She placed her hand on his cheek.

Josh looked into her eyes. He could get lost for hours. They told a story, a beautiful one. Josh leaned closer putting his hand on her waist. Without even knowing it he was pulling her closer. Zoey moved her hand to the back of his neck. Their noses touching, they both leaned in more. Their lips touching as they interlocked their fingers. It felt like fireworks when he kissed her.

The kiss was broken when Josh's phone went off. "Sorry." He reached into his pocket. Zoey smiled and walked over to his dresser while he answered it.

Zoey assumed it was one of his friends and started looking at everything on the dresser. Some coins, fanart, a couple family photos, and t-shirts. Josh looked over at her and back to talking on the phone. He didn't have an issue with her looking.

She lifted up a shirt to see a photo booth strip. A smile spread across her face as she picked it up. It was her and Josh. This was at the bowling place. One of the best nights she's had. Zoey couldn't believe Josh saved it but, here it was. Sitting on his dresser. She loved it and all the faces they made. From duck faces to sticking tongues out to kissing his cheek. They were cute. Josh was cute.

"Yeah totally man. We'll be in Ohio soon." Josh laughed. He glanced over to see Zoey staring at something. "Will the lucky lady be attending?" His friend asked. "Huh? Oh yeah." He smiled. "Can't wait to see you dude." His friend said as they both hung up.

Josh walked up behind Zoey and wrapped his arms around her. "Whatcha lookin at?" He rested his chin on her shoulder. "This." She smiled and showed him. "You kept it?" She turned around to face him. "Well yeah. It was a special night to me." He scratched the back of his head and smiled.

Zoey smiled at him and set the pictures back down. "So who was that?" She sat on his bed. "Just my friend Jesse. You'll meet him when we go to Ohio." He smiled and sat with her. "Cool." She got her phone out. "Take a pic with me." She held it up. Josh smiled and leaned closer putting his arm around her. Zoey smiled biting on her tongue and took it. She opened up instagram.

Zoey posted the photo captioning it "my boyfriend or cotton candy?❤👽 both are sweet anyway @ JoshuaDun".

Before she knew it her Instagram starting blowing up with comments and likes. Josh opened up the app and saw the picture. He smiled and started typing.

JoshuaDun: cotton candy is pretty sweet.

Zoey laughed at his comment. "You're a dork." She snickered. Her laugh warmed his heart and he kissed her. Zoey blushed as he broke it to look into her eyes. "Are you excited?" He asked. "For?" She smiled. "The tour." He played with her hair. "Yesss. You're gonna kill it." She pushed his knee.

Josh and Zoey walked downstairs to see a passed out Tyler. This explained his lack of energy earlier.

The two headed out so Josh could, unfortunately, take Zoey home.

They got to her place and headed to her front door. "You gonna be alright?" Josh hugged her. "Yeah." She hugged back. "I'm just a phone call away. Remember that." He smiled at her. "I know." She kissed his smile.

Lily opened the door to see them hugging. "I swear if you squeezed any harder you'd become one whole person." Lily teased with a smirk. "Shut up." Zoey laughed. "Congrats by the way." Josh smiled. "Thanksss." Lily smiled big. "You and Tyler are invited." Lily told him. "Sick. We'll make sure to be there." Josh high fived her. "Well I guess I better let you go, seems you got a wedding to help plan." Josh kissed Zoey's forehead. "Yeah." She smiled. "Bye Josh." Lily waved. "Bye Lily. Bye Zoe." He waved walking off. "Bye Josh." Zoey smiled as Lily pulled her inside.

"So." Lily rocked back and fourth. "Sooooo" Zoey smirked. "Come on." She smiled. "I'm getting married!!!" Lily jumped up and ran into Zoey's arms. Zoey hugged her tight as they squealed. "My smol beans growing up!!" Zoey joked. "Oh shut up!" Lily blushed and laughed. Zoey was so happy for her. "Got a question for you though." Lily looked serious. "Yes?" Zoey felt tense. "Would you be my maid of honor??" Lily smirked. "Yes!!" Zoey jumped up and down as they hugged tightly again.