Chapter Ëlëvëñ: Äddïct Wïth Ä Pëñ

**warning; death, depression**

A month went by as time drew closer to Josh and Tyler's tour. They were excited, they loved touring, but this time Josh didn't seem as excited as he usually was. Zoey knew they had one coming up but she wasn't sure when it started. She was extremely happy for them but secretly hated it, only because she wouldn't get to see Josh.

Zoey laid in bed watching Alina play with a sock. There was a knock at the door and she sprung up with a smile. "Come in!" She hollered. "Heyyy" Lily walked in. Zoey's smiled faded and she plopped back down. "Good to see you too. Sorry I don't have the body of a god and pink hair." Lily teased. "Oh shush!" She kicked her. "Hey! Ow! If you're so head over heels then just ask.him.out." Lily persisted. "I'm not head over heels about Josh." She lied. "Right and I'm a alien from the planet lesbonixa." She gave Zoey a look. "Ok so what?" "Sooo ask him out. You've been on two dates, you're always hanging together, and texting. Honestly if you dont date him already I'm gonna scream." Lily sighed and got up. "Now come watch TV with me you loner." Lily joked.

Lily headed downstairs with Alina to watch TV. Zoey laid on her bed thinking about the possibility of being with Josh. She wasn't sure. Most people run away when they see inside her mind. She rolled over and clutched her pillow. But Josh was so accepting and understanding. She thought. What if I scare him away with my past? She cringed.

Zoey headed downstairs and leaned on the couch. "What if he's not interested?" Zoey asked. Lily looked up at her and back at the TV. "Are you serious? He's obsessed with you. He comes over to see you not me. And have you seen the way he looks at you? Ugh, its like something out of a romance movie. Its adorable." Lily smiled. "I dont know.." Zoey looked down. "Oh my goodness Zoey. Josh likes you. I can tell." Lily winked at her.

To Josh:
"I dont know Tyler." Josh fiddled with his fingers. "Josh! Come on. You adore her. I've seen the way you look at her. It's like she's your whole world. You're so comfortable around her yet nervous. I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think you really liked her." Tyler encouraged. "Do you think she knows? Am I that obvious?" Josh blushed. Tyler sat down next to him. "Josh." He put his hand on Josh's shoulder. "Everyone knows. If she doesn't then she must be as blind as you because I've seen the way she looks at you." He smiled. "H-how does she look at me?" Josh asked quietly. "She's always smiling. Every time she sees you her face lights up." Tyler smiled. Josh looked down and smiled. "Listen, talk to her man." "What if she's not interested?" Josh frowned. "I can almost guarantee she feels the same way spook." Tyler nudged. "I'll think about it." Josh smiled. "Yes!" Tyler clapped.

Josh dialed her number.

Zoey was drawing again in the back of her book while listening to music. She glanced at her scars. She stopped. Zoey started feeling them, and remembering..she remembered that night. She remembered the sounds of people crying and screaming. The sirens...and him. She remembered after the funeral. Looking back at her scars she remembered everything.

Zoey's phone went off and she snapped out of it. She could not be more relieved.

"Hello?" She answered. "Salutations" Josh sounded happy to hear her voice. "I can not tell you how good it is to hear your voice." She breathed. "You alright?" He asked. "Um yeah." She wondered if Lily was right. Maybe it was time for Zoey to start taking down walls. She couldn't keep it inside, it was killing her. Zoey trusted Josh. "I'll tell you about it sometime." She laughed it off. "Alright" he left it alone for now. "Did ya wanna hang tomorrow?" Josh asked. Zoey paused. She rubbed at her scars. Zoey was about to say no when goner came on, hearing Tyler sing "dont let me gone", she realized she didn't wanna be alone anymore. "Yeah. Sure." She hesitated. "Cool. Did you wanna come over here? We could jam again." he laughed. "Yeah I'd like that." She smiled.