Chapter Sïxtëëñ: Gëttïñg Døwñ Øñ Øñë Kñëë

Josh woke up to see Zoey still passed out cuddling his arm. He smiled and kissed her head. Josh watched her as he played with her hair. I can't believe it. He thought. She's all mine. Josh's smile grew bigger. He wanted to savor this. Zoey was so peaceful and cute. Josh reached over to grab her phone. He swiped to the left and brought up her camera. He took a picture and figured he'd send it to himself later. He had the idea to try and unlock her phone to send it now but he didn't wanna invade her privacy. Not being able to fall back asleep, Josh kept playing with her hair.

Zoey shifted and opened her eyes to see a puppy dog eyed man staring at her. He grinned big at her as he rubbed her shoulder. "Good morning beautiful." Josh said. "Morning." She smiled. "How did you sleep?" He asked. "Pretty good actually. What about you? How long have you been up?" She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Bout an hour." He sat up. "An hour??? Why didn't you wake me?" Zoey sat up. "I didn't wanna wake you. You needed sleep and you were cute." He kissed her cheek. Zoey blushed. "Thank you but next time dont be afraid to wake me you dork." She kissed his shoulder. "Hey can you unlock your phone? I need to text my phone something important." Josh drummed on his knee. "Yeah sure." She unlocked her phone and handed it to Josh. "Everything ok?" She asked. "Oh yeah." He smiled. Zoey watched him open their text messages. "Oh my gosh." Josh opened his mouth. Zoey blushed and hid her face behind him. "Spooky with a green heart? How longs that been there?" He smirked. "Shut up and make your text." She poked his back. "Ok ok." He laughed. Zoey sat up and laid her head on his shoulder watching him. He opened her gallery and sent the picture. "Was that a picture of me? Sleeping?!" Zoey looked at him. "Yeah. You were so cute so I had too." He stuck his tongue out. "Oh my god Josh! I'm so hideous!" She pouted. "Hey! No you're not. You're beautiful." He kissed her.

"You hungry?" Zoey was laying on Josh's chest. "A little." Josh rubbed her back. "Meet me downstairs." She smiled. "Alright." He kissed her head. Zoey headed to the bathroom and Josh headed downstairs.

As Josh got to the bottom he noticed Lily on the couch. "Hey Lily!" He waved. Lily yelped and threw an umbrella at Josh. "What the hell?!" Josh tried blocking it. "Josh?!" She grabbed her chest. "Jesus fucking- you scared the shit out of me you asshole!" She sighed. "I coulda killed you!" She yelled. "With an umbrella?" He held his laughter. "Shut up. Yes and umbrella. Shove it up your ass or something." She cut him a look. "I'm so scared." He laughed. "I'm sorry Lily." He walked to the couch and opened his arms. "Fuck you." She pouted. "Come on." He pouted. "Fine." She sighed. She hugged Josh. "Tyler says hi by the way." Josh sat next to her. "Really?!" She got excited. "I mean." She coughed. "Really?" Lily said calmly. Josh snickered. "Yeah. Maybe you'll get to meet him and say hi in person." He smiled. "That'd be awesome." She tried remaining calm.

Zoey came down the stairs and saw them talking. She hid up the steps a bit and listened.

"So did you hear?" Josh asked. "Hear what?" Lily wondered. "I got a girlfriend." He smiled. Lily's eye twitched. "Really? Who?" She said in a high voice. "This amazing chick. I think you know her." He teased. "Oh really? Who?" She said holding back anger. "Zoey." He smiled. "Oh my god!" Lily sighed putting down a pen on the table. "Where'd you get that?" Josh asked. "Dont worry about it. I thought you meant some other chick. I was gonna have to kill you both." She laughed. "What?" He looked at her. "Because you woulda led Zoey on, but were good. I'm so happy." She clapped. "Thanks." He smiled ignoring the fact she was about to kill him. "Its about time. She's always talking about you. Josh this, Josh that. Does he like me, blah blah." She laughed. "She talks about how your smile is like a-" Zoey ran down the stairs. "Hey guys!" She laughed awkwardly and headed over to them. "Oh hey Zoey." She waved. "Hey babe." Josh smiled. Lily winked at her. Zoey just cut her a look. "What?" She asked. "I don't know what you're talking about." Zoey laughed. "Mhm. So I heard the good news." Lily smiled. "Imma go tell Jade I won." She got up. "Wait what?" Zoey stopped her. "Oh, we made a bet." She laughed. Josh and Zoey exchanged looks then looked at Lily. "What bet?" Josh asked. "Well Jade said that Zoey was gonna ask you out but I said that I knew Zoey enough that she'd just chicken out. So I bet that Josh would ask and well I won. She's owes me $20 and a kiss." Lily smirked. "Really?" Zoey looked at her. "Hey I'm sorry. But you know it's true." Lily hugged Zoey. "No it's..well..shut up." Zoey hugged her back.