Chapter Fïfty-Føür: Åprïl

"Josh!" Zoey ran down the stairs screaming his name. "What's wrong?!" He got up from the couch and ran to the bottom of the stairs. Zoey jumped into his arms. She clenched his shirt tightly. "Baby whats wrong??" He held her firmly and set her down. "There's a spider in the bedroom." She furrowed her brow. Josh sighed. He thought it was something more serious, however he knew how terrified she was of spiders. "Please?" She held his arm. "I've got it baby." He kissed her head. "Be careful!" She yelled as he walked up a few steps. "Its just a spider." He smiled. "Um do you know how many dangerous spiders there are? How many are poisonous? Plus its huge." She furrowed her brow. Josh came back down and kissed her. "I'll be okay." He winked and headed up.

Zoey bit her lip and stood there. "Oh wow. Its not huge but its not as small as I assumed." He yelled down. "Its huge!!" She paced. Zoey ran up and hid by the door frame. He heard her and glanced at her as she hid. He smiled and faced back forward. Josh took the fly swatter and killed it. "Its dead Zoe." He said cleaning it up with toilet paper. "Are you sure?" She bit her lip. "Yes baby." He stood up and walked to their bathroom. She followed distantly. Zoey watched Josh flush it. She ran into his arms and squeezed his waist. "Thank you Joshy!" She held him. "You're welcome baby." He kissed her head. "So now that the spiders gone what do you want to do?" He rubbed her back. "Eat." She smiled. "Of course." He snickered. "You wanna go out or stay home?" He kissed her cheek. "I'm not sure. I don't want you in pain." She gently rubbed his bandage. "Hey. Its been like a week." He grinned. "But you still need a bandage. You still take meds. You still hurt a little." She looked at him. "Ok ok ok." He nuzzled her. "Wanna just eat here then?" He brushed her hair behind her ear. "Its up to you." Her tone was clear enough to Josh. They were eating there. "Here it is." He smiled. "Good." She ran downstairs. Josh laughed and ran after her.

While they were eating, Josh got a text from Tyler.

Tyler💀: we need to talk

Josh👽: everything okay?

Tyler💀: something's happened

Josh👽: what do u mean??

Tyler💀: call me in three hours

Josh👽: why not now?

Tyler💀: I'm busy at the moment

Josh👽: oh okay. I'll call u in three hours then

Tyler💀: sick

Josh looked at his phone in confusion. Zoey moved her plate and scooted closer to him. "Everything okay?" She asked. "I dunno." He furrowed his brow. Josh showed her the text. "Oh wow. I hope its okay." She nuzzled his arm. "Me too. What do you think happened?" He asked. "Maybe someone's sick or got hurt. Clearly its not a severe injury or he would have called you." She played with his hand. "I hope not." He frowned. "Everything will be okay. Don't stress about it or it'll hurt your head." Zoey kissed his shoulder. "I'll try not too." He looked at her. "Let's do something to get your mind off of it." She said. "Like what?" He raised a brow. "I got that deadpool game." She smirked. "Oh sick!" He stood up. "Let's go play." He grabbed her hand and they headed to the living room.

Sure enough with that distraction, three hours flew by. Josh dialed Tyler and waited as it rang. One ring turned into three which turned into five and then voicemail. He hung up and looked at his phone. "He didn't answer." He frowned. "Maybe he's on the toilet." Zoey shrugged. Josh snickered. "Hey, everybody poops." She giggled. "I guess I'll try again in a couple minutes." He laughed.

Eventually, Tyler did call Josh back. "Hey sorry man." Tyler said. "No problem. I tried like three times but nothing. Zoey said you were either busy or on the toilet." He snickered. Tyler laughed. "So what's up?" He asked. "Are you alone?" Tyler questioned. "No. Zoey's next to me." Josh raised a brow. "Put me on speaker." He demanded. "Oh uh okay." Josh did just that. "Hey Tyler!" Zoey said. "Heya Zoe." You could hear his grin. "So guess what?" He asked. "What?" Zoey looked at Josh as they waited for Tyler. "Jenna's Pregnant!" He grinned. Josh's jaw dropped. "Wait what!?" Zoey covered her mouth. "Yep! I've got a bun in my oven." Jenna giggled. "Oh my!" Zoey grinned. "Congratulations!" She squealed. "Dude that's sick! Congrats!" Josh grinned. "I know! Were so happy!" Jenna giggled more. She was giddy with joy. "I'm gonna be a dad." You could hear his grin. Tyler sounded so excited but you could hear the nervousness in his voice. "You're gonna be the best dad." Jenna kissed Tyler. "Okay, well were still making phone calls. So I'll call back later." Tyler snickered. "More?" Josh raised a brow. "Jenna insisted on calling everyone." Tyler sighed. "Hey. They deserve to know." Jenna huffed. "I know I know." He snickered. It follower by some more chatter and noise then hung up.