Chapter Thirty-Six: Thïs Ïs Why Ï Ñëëd Yøü

Josh had a habit of waking up before Zoey. He likes it because he got to watch her sleep. She was adorable and peaceful. Josh rolled over to see her curled up. He knew if she stayed like that it would kill her back. Josh smiled and kissed her cheek. He crawled out of the fort and carefully took part of it down. He walked over to Zoey and straightened her out. He wrapped her in a blanket and picked her up careful not to wake her. Josh quietly carried her upstairs to his room. Josh opened the door and laid Zoey gently on the bed. He straightened her out again and put the covers on her. Josh quietly patched up the window with a small piece of tarp he had. He closed all the curtains so the sun wouldn't wake her. Josh sat on the bed next to her and rubbed her head. "You're the light in my darkness too." He said softly before kissing her head.

Josh cracked the door incase she needed him. He headed downstairs and pulled out his phone. Should I tell Tyler? He thought. Josh decided to wait. He paced back and fourth. He thought long and hard about yesterday. It was too close a call. Josh left Zoey a note on the night stand saying he was heading to the store real quick. He shut the door and grabbed his keys. Josh locked the front door and got in his car.

👽

Josh was walking through the pharmacy store. He was hoping no one there would know him. Josh walked past all the lady things. Pads? Tampons? Liners? Why is there so many of each? Josh was extremely confused about all of it and just continued on. He looked around and found what he was looking for. Condoms. Josh sighed and looked for people. He was a little embarrassed. There were also a lot of options. He browsed through them. He didn't know where to start. Josh was looking at them when someone called his name. His eyes widened and he stood up quickly. He sighed in relief when it was some dude talking to his friend whose name was also Josh. Josh took a breath. Relax. It's not like you're doing anything bad. Josh grabbed some Trojan condoms and went with those making sure to get the right size. He went to the checkout line with the box and checked his phone. No calls or texts from Zoey. Hopefully she was still asleep.

"Next." The man said. Josh looked up and stepped forward. He set the box down and scratched his head. "Ah, someone is having fun." The man winked. Josh nodded and laughed awkwardly. "At least you're being safe. That'll be $6.50." He put them in a bag. Josh handed him the money and grabbed the bag. "Will that be all?" "Yes." Josh nodded.

Josh got in the car and sighed in relief. Why was it so difficult? It's not like his mom was there or something. Josh rolled his eyes and started the car. Just to his luck Careless Whisper by Wham came on the radio. Josh leaned on the steering wheel and sighed. He couldn't help but laugh though. Josh knew Zoey woulda loved it. He snapped it and posted it on his story with the caption:

"When your radio gets you"

Josh pulled up home and headed inside. He threw the bag away and headed upstairs with the box. Josh sneaked into the room to see Zoey still asleep. He walked over to his nightstand and opened the drawer. Josh stuffed the box in it. "Josh?" Zoey stretched. "Zoey!" Josh's eyes widened and he slammed the drawer shut. "What're you doing?" She yawned. "N-nothing." He laughed. "How'd I get here?" Zoey sat up. "You were sleeping in weird positions and I worried about your back. I carried you up here." Josh sat down on the bed and smiled. "Awe. Thank you Josh!" Zoey hugged him. Josh hugged her back and kissed her. "Do that again." She smiled. Josh smiled and kissed her again. Zoey ran her hand up his chest. "Nice shirt." She winked. "Thanks. My girlfriend got it for me." Josh smirked. "Well I see you and her have good taste in bands." Zoey kissed him. Zoey looked over at the note. "You went to the store?" She asked. "Oh." His eyes widened. "Uh yeah I did." He ran his fingers through his hair and laughed. "What'd ya get?" She asked. "Essentials." Josh said. "Ohhh okay like shampoo and all. I need to get some more too." Zoey laughed. "Not exactly." Josh looked down. "Oh?" She looked at him confused. Josh sighed and opened the drawer. "What?" Zoey asked. She leaned forward and looked into the drawer. It took her a second to see it. "Ohh. Oh. Oh!" Zoey sat up straight. "Yeaah." Josh sat down. "Well now you got them." She laughed and kissed his cheek. Josh smiled at Zoey. "I figured yesterday was a close call so.." Josh patted his knee. "No makes sense." She smiled. Zoey held Josh's hand and rubbed it. "You think we woulda if you had one?" She asked. "Honestly, I think so. Something just came over me." Josh said. Zoey nodded. "What's wrong?" Josh looked at her. "Same old same old." She laughed awkwardly. "Hey. You can. You should know that from yesterday." Josh laughed. Zoey snickered and shook her head. "Oh Joshua." She leaned on his shoulder. "Oh Zoey." He smiled. "Can we cuddle?" Zoey asked. "Hm? Yeah." Josh smiled. He took off his shoes as Zoey laid down. Josh got in bed and pulled the covers on him. He scooted close to Zoey from behind and wrapped his arms around her pulling her close. Zoey held his hand and smiled. Josh nuzzled the back of her neck. In minutes Zoey was passed out. Josh kissed her head and gladly followed.