Chapter Førty-Ëïght: Ïñ Hïs Drëåms

Next week was Christmas and Zoey couldn't be more excited. Josh on the other hand has never been more nervous. He had just days before he would do one of the most nerve wrecking things. His stomach was twisting in knots in fear of rejection. Zoey was decorating their Christmas tree now that she was able to finally pick up her other ornaments and lights from Lily. She had already hung lights around the house. The tree was mainly decorated, just a little naked on the side and that bothered Zoey. She was putting up a bow on the side when she heard Josh pacing in the kitchen.

She walked in and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind. She startled Josh for a second. "Hey what's wrong?" She asked, her voice soft. He signed in relief. Her voice was a godsend and suddenly his stomach was at ease. He faced her and smiled. Zoey ran her hands up his chest and placed her hands on the sides of his neck. "You okay baby?" She asked. "I'm better now." He smiled as their noses touched and he put his hands on her lower waist. "Just my stomach bothering me a little." He kissed her nose. "Oh no. Do you need something? I think we have some pepto or whatever. Was it something you ate maybe?" She furrowed her brow. "That's not it." He snickered. "Have you not eaten or something?" She rubbed his cheek. "I'm fine." He smiled and kissed her. Josh anxiety went down. "Well here, come help me dress that side of the tree." She held his hand and pulled him into the living room.

Josh and Zoey were finishing up that side of the tree. "It looks good babe." He smiled. "Thanks to you. Thanks for doing the tree with me." She grinned. "Why wouldn't I decorate with you?" He held her waist. "I dunno. I know some guys aren't into that stuff." She shrugged. "Well I don't mind." He kissed her. Zoey wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he pulled her closer. They started making out and Zoey dropped the ornament that was on her finger. He ran his hand up her back while she pressed up against him. The stereo turned on all of a sudden playing Rocking Around The Christmas Tree startling them. "Jesus." She put her hand over her chest. "How did it turn on?" He looked over. "Casper?" She laughed. Josh snickered and hugged her. "Maybe Zeke thought we were going to far." She joked. "Sorry Zeke." He laughed. Just then Alina came out the tree meowing. Zoey picked her up. "Now was that you or Zeke messing with the stereo missy?" She kissed Alina. Josh put his arm around Zoey and kissed her head petting Alina. "My girls." He smiled.

"Now that the trees done let me get you something to eat." Zoey set Alina down. "Wait me or the cat?" Josh raised a brow. "Both." She snickered. She walked to the kitchen Alina close by following. She filled up her bowl and Josh walked in. "I'm not hungry babe." He sat on the counter. "Shush." She grabbed Pasta Side noodles. "I'm not-" His stomach grumbled. Zoey sat the noodles down and put her hands on her hips. "Were not hungry are we?" She smirked and raised a brow. Josh laughed nervously. "Gas?" He snickered. "Nice try." She rolled her eyes and opened the packet. "Hey what if I do have to?" He raised a brow. "Then do it." She looked at him. "What?" He asked. "Do it. Fart. I don't care." She mixed up the stuff and put it in the microwave. "Wait you're okay with it?" He looked at his phone. "Yeah? Its natural. Just..if it stinks don't do it near me. Especially if I'm eating." She laughed. He laughed and hopped down. "Okay I am hungry." He hugged her from behind. "Oh I know. And in 8 minutes you can eat." She patted his head and walked upstairs. "I'll be back." She yelled.

Josh sat on the couch going through his phone as he listened to the Christmas music playing. He heard a bell jingling. When he looked behind him Zoey was coming down the stairs. A huge smile spread across his face. "What are you wearing?" He covered his mouth and looked at her. Zoey put her hands on her hips and grinned. She had on a Santa hat that had a white bell attached, explaining the noise he heard. She had a reindeer sweater on with green shorts. Knee high stockings that look like candy canes. "Am I cringy enough for you?" She winked. "Oh my god." He laughed. She danced over as she jingled. Zoey sat on his lap. "Aren't I amazing?" She winked. "The best." He snickered and pulled her into a kiss. All I Want For Christmas Is You came on and Zoey smirked at Josh. "Dance with me." She pulled him up and laughed. He laughed as they danced silly together. Zoey was singing as he danced and twirled her.