"I can agree with great confidence that that statement is correct," Donnie says.

"So now you gotta go in there and take over."

"Why me? Why don't one of you do it?"

"Fine." Raph looks at Donnie. "We'll put it to a vote."

"Mikey." They both say.

I stay silent from my spot on the couch, still confused as to why Leo wanting to cook soup is such a big deal.

"I want a recount!" Mikey begs. "Y/n didn't say anything! And neither did Master Splinter!"

"At least just go see what he's doing." Donnie suggests simply with a shrug.

With a long drawn out sigh, the youngest raises himself from the couch and trudges into his beloved kitchen. Only with much less glee than usual.

After a minute or so, after hearing some conversation and pots and pans being banged around, Mikey comes back with a defeated look. "It's over dudes. Dinner is definitely ruined."

"What's so wrong with his cooking anyway?" I finally ask.

Each of the three look at me without answering, as if they'd completely forgotten I was still sitting here. I wait awkwardly and uncomfortably. My eyes connect with green ones as someone finally responds.

"Pray you'll never have to find out."

"Guys, we've gotta do something, he's putting dinner and my kitchen in jeopardy!"

"Your kitchen?" Raph raises an eyebrow.

Mikey looks down at him on the floor with a serious face. "Face it, Raph. When it comes to cooking, I'm the only one in this family who can do it. Leo's just the worst at it."

Donnie scratches his cheek. "I feel weird saying it, but, Mikey has a point... Somebody's gotta talk to him."

And with that being said, they all pause, and look at me. My mouth drops open. "Why are you looking at me?"

"'Cause you're the girlfriend." Raph falsely states, making me blush. "And Mikey's incompetent."

"Hey!"

"I can't just go in there and tell him he's a terrible cook, I've never even had anything he's made..." I say defensively.

"Consider it a blessing, sister."

Donnie looks at me. "We're not saying you have to go right out and say that–"

"Though it would make things easier–"

"What we're saying," Donnie cuts back in, "is that we just want you to go in there and... help him out."

"Or convince him to give up on dinner altogether," Mikey adds helpfully.

"Yeah, that works too."

"... I don't have a choice in this do I?"

"Nope." They all confirm in unison.

I sigh and get up before making my way into the kitchen.

As soon as I walked in, it felt nothing like the kitchen. It felt more like I'd walked through a portal to the city dump. Pots and pans are scattered all over the counter, as well as completely random and unrelated food and ingredients. There are also bowls and other utensils messily sprawled everywhere. Now I can see what they meant... Leo is among all of the chaos, maneuvering his way through it. He puts a big soup bowl full of water on the stove and sets it to boil. Only he turned the knob for the wrong burner...