Chapter 37: Final Banquet

Chloe POV

Soon Gellie calmed down and led us to the banquet hall of their mansion for a reason that I didn't know. She said while we are walking that the whole Light and Dark Realms have prepared something grand. And since we were only wearing normal clothes, I and the whole squad feels nervous and self-conscious.

"Don't worry about your clothes.", smiled Gellie as she stopped walking and faced us with a smile. Did she just read my thoughts AGAIN?

Gellie came in front of me then closed my eyes using her fingers. "You too guys. Close your eyes then imagine the best formal clothes that you are dreaming to wear!"

And so I did.

"Now.. open your eyes.", said Gellie. And so when I did, I found myself wearing a long, purple dress with heels!

I can't believe this!

I look at the others. Sabrina and Mariah were looking so good on their dresses and the boys with their coat and tie suit.

"Th-This is ridiculous.", said Mariah with her cute embarassed face.

"Woooow! You look pretty, Chloe!", smiled Sabrina.

I blushed, "Is that so? I wonder how I look anyway?"

Gellie extended her arms upward and conjured a big mirror out of nowhere, "Here, neechan! Look how gorgeous you are!!"

I saw myself on the mirror with my blonde hair neatly tied to a bun on my head and my face brimming with makeup and I am wearing SUPER expensive-looking ruby necklace.

I almost cried on the spot as I can't even recognize myself!

"If only that boyfie of yours weren't too haughty to see you like that!", teased Sabrina and giggled.

"S-Stop that, Sab! I and Luke have are NOT in a relationship!", I stuttered and pouted.

"Ho ho.", smirked Gellie with her fingers on her chin. "Neechan you are so preservative. Anyway, time for me to build my appearance!"

Gellie's whole body glowed white and then we saw her wearing a white dress with cat-eared headband on her head. She's holding a small basket filled with rose petals.

"CUUUUUUTEE!!!", I and Sabrina yelled in unison and pinched Gellie's cheeks.

"St-Stop that, neechan! That hurts.", she squeaked and we laughed for a long time.

Soon we continued walking along a corridor and soon we stopped on a very large door with so much designs and garments outside. Maids are all lined up on the corridor and they were kindly smiling at us.

"Welcome, Miss Chloe and Squad 44. The Heavenly Guests have been waiting for you.", said a butler as he bowed.

"Jeez. Mr. Natsume, can't you see me my cuteness here?", pouted Gellie with embarassment.

"Oh! My sincerest apology, Madame Angelina. Welcome to tonight's Grand Welcome Party for the representatives of our human race, the Squad 44!"

"WHAAAAAAAAT!?", I and the whole squad shouted in complete surprise over what we just heard!

We gasped at the big door finally opened and revealed a castle-like hall where there are so many people inside, wearing formal dresses and the music of the orchestra boomed.

And what almost made me cried is that we saw Luke on his best attire, waiting for us with a smile.
"Chloe.. welcome. Come.", he extended his arm and I took it. The others behind us were so into teasing and I felt like my head is going to explode any minute.