Chapter 16: A Warrior's Pride

Angelica POV

My body were still shaking for an unknown reason after witnessing how strong Tyron is. Taking on the Beasts single handedly while taking them all out on a single blow..

That's almost unimaginable! And to think that King Ranseim and Dad fought him TOGETHER!? Just how strong are they!?

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. So we are all still very weak compared to Dad and King Ranseim? After all this time I thought me or Flugel had surpassed them..

My Dad sure was VERY strong to take on Tyron's powerful attack with his bare hand, which is nearly enough to kill the three strongest assassins of Light Realm.

Darn it..

Flugelmina walked sadly to me, "I'm so sorry. Its all my fault that Tyron went mad. I don't mean it."

Then soon she sobbed and cried as I hugged her.

"There, there. Don't cry, Flugel.", I comforted her. "Tyron was right anyway. We were blinded as we thought that we are already more than strong as warriors, but he taught us a very valuable lesson. It could be true that we might die at war if we continue being like this. Our parents for example. They never underestimated Tyron as they went to visit him on Earth. Both of them came together despite how powerful they already are. Maybe.. from now on we should be like them. Warriors that take on their pride to fight with passion and never with arrogance."

I suddenly blushed as I remembered how cool he looks as he said those words.

The Beasts transformed back to their cat forms and slept on the ground. Tyron must have really beaten them up.

"That's completely right, Angelica.", said King Ranseim and we saw him walking towards us where Tyron just left. They must have met on his way.

"On battlefield, always take in mind that not everyone who looks weak were really weak and not those who look strong are really strong. We have all survived the previous Holy War because of this belief."

Then he patted both I and Flugel's head with a smile, "The three of you, Flugel, Angelica, and Tyron will play a very vital role on the upcoming disaster. Neither I nor David cannot defeat Bahamut no matter how strong we are. Its a reality where mere powers where just never enough anymore to win this war. Do you know what is it now?"

Both I and Flugel shook our heads.

King Ranseim put his hand on his chest, "It's just what is inside of our hearts! That alone is enough to destroy any amount of evil. Angelica, your Father is a living proof that it is never his powers that won the war, but his unimaginable strong desire to protect everything precious to him."

Every hair on my body stood on its end as I was so inspired by King Ranseim's words.

My Dad was the one who fought with Lucifer despite knowing how outmatched he was.. but still.. because of what King Ranseim had said, I completely believe now that it is truly what is inside of our hearts that makes us all strong. Tyron made us realize that that is the FACTOR that we were all missing.

Tyron..

"King Ranseim, Flugel. Thank you so much!", I said as I bowed and turned to leave. "I must not let Tyron get away, you know. See ya later!"

"Geez! Could you spend more time with me instead of your boy-"

"SHUT UP, FLUGELMINA!", I yelled.

------------

Tyron POV

I was walking gloomily on the streets of the Light Realm. Also, my body feels so heavy and beaten up. I used too much repulsive energy earlier..

I was thinking hard if maybe I had been TOO harsh to them. They all looked at me with contempt.

I remembered Angelica's horrified expression. It twisted something on my chest hard.

I am so sorry, Angelica..

I sighed and kept on walking towards the teleportation area.

"Tyron!", I heard somebody calling from the distance. "Tyron, you jerk! I said wait up!"

I turned my back and I yelled in pain as Angelica punched me on the face.

"Owowowow.", I said as I caressed my cheeks. She withdrew back her dark wings. So she flew all the way down here for me. She put her hands on her waist and looked at me with her usual scorn.

"That hurts! What the hell was that for, huh!?", I yelled.

Then Angelica gripped my clothes near my neck and shot up a very scary face.

"Huh? Would you care to repeat your statement?", she said very coldly that sent weird waves on my spine. There are even purple aura around her.

"Ah, n-nothing. I was saying nothing, Princess.", I said nervously.

"Good. Now gather yourself up. We need to go back to the Shadow Palace.", she finally let go of me and I stood up.

Deep down I was so happy to know that she's still on her usual attitude.

Just don't get too arrogant..

--

As we entered the Royal Chambers, Angelica walked towards the door of her room. I was just silently watching her.

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Dork, won't you come with me? Its time for lunch, you know."

"Umm.. no thanks. I want to be alone for now.", I said gloomily as I went to my own room and sighed.

"Yeah. Like I care about YOU anyway! Humph!", said Angelica hotly. I can tell that she really want me to eat with her.. but I am just not in the mood anymore.. for some reason I feel so tired.

"Angelica.. I am so sorry..", I finally said.

"Sorry your face!", she said as she was close on closing her door.

"Angelica please don't be like that.", I said weakly as I went closer to her room. I can feel that I am rapidly losing my stamina.

"YOU SHUT UP!", she yelled and banged close her door. I tried to knock several times but it didn't worked.

My head suddenly cringed up and I went on all fours on the floor.

"Darn it.. argh.", I said as I endured the pain. I guess I used all my strength just to control myself on that demon form and now I am all wiped out. But if I never did that, I could kill them. And I don't want that. The demon form is still never easy for me to control as my senses were so centered on destroying everything I saw. I guess I did well after all. Looks like I really need lots of training to do just to control my impulses as a demon and a human. If it wasn't for my humane nature I wouldn't have been able to hold back with all I have. I am thankful for you, Mother...

Blood came out of my nose and I coughed badly.

"Not good..", I said as I slumped on the floor. I think that will be the last time that I will use my demon form here on Heavenly Realm. It is better that I should suffer like this instead of me killing somebody.

It is better for me to become like this.. as long as you guys learn the vital lesson to be alive on the upcoming war against my Father, I will accept every pain and hardships.

Angelica, I will always do my best just for you to survive no matter what. I take on my pride as a warrior that I will make that happen.