Chapter 3: Mutual Feelings of Solitude

David Lee POV

I sighed as I lie on my bed and rested for a while. Ever since my family were transported here, I was completely restless. This time I think.. is the time where I serve myself and my own family..

After sleeping for about two hours, I was woken up by my daughter Angelica by prodding at my cheeks like the way she used to when she was little.

Of all the people, the only person I didn't have time for was her.. I wonder if I am such a bad Father.

I saw Angelica looking sadly at me as she sat on a chair beside my bed.

"Angelica, my dear. Have you been well?", I asked.

"Yes, Dad. Don't worry about me. It was you who should be well you know.", she said while not looking directly at me with her unusual cold voice.

I closed my eyes for a while and finally said, "Angelica.. I am so sorry.."

Then I was surprised as she hugged me while sobbing.

"I missed you so much, Dad! You dont know how sad I am ever since Mom, especially you, became so busy tending to the people on Shadow Realm. You probably didn't knew how JEALOUS I am as I watched you having time for others and here I am working so hard to gain your attention."

I tried to calm her down by tapping her back gently as she cried out more of her grief and sadness. When she finally calmed down, she kept on hugging me like we just met for the first time after a hundred years.

"You have grown, Angelica. I am so happy.", I smiled at her.

"Dad? Can the three of us stay together from now on? Please!", she pleaded.

Thats when Cheska came to our room silently and joined us. Her kind eyes looked at mine, implying that I should do something.. for our own daughter.

I smiled at Angelica and I patted her head, "Sure thing, dear."

Nothing could make me even more happier right now as I saw once more after years of service here as a King, the serene, pure, and angelic smile of our princess.

I should have realized this sooner.. how a smile of your own child can take all the weariness on your body away.

"Thank you so much, Dad!", she said as she hugged both me and her Mom.

Both of us looked at each other as we savor from the bliss of watching our child smiling once more. Its been a while since we had a group hug...

"Alright! The three of us will be feasting tonight!", I shouted then we laughed.

Cheska cracked her knuckles and chuckled, "Hehehe. Prepare your tummies as I will cook us your all-time favorites for supper!"

"YAY!", Both I and Angelica shouted.

"Dad! Its been a long time since we had a eating contest! I really trained a lot to beat you in everything, you know.", said Angelica as she put her hands on her waists once more. This brings back so many memories.

"Bring it on, Angelica. Show me whatcha got!"

That night we laughed altogether once more as a whole family..

I had been such a fool to not think about sharing my time with them. I smiled as I was so happy. I was doing my best to suppress my tears of gladness.

Maybe I had been given so many tasks as a King.

But...

My ultimate task in the world.. is to be a father to my daughter and to be a husband to my wife..

I guess it is time to reschedule everything and have a long, long break from work. I'll be with my family from now on.. especially Angelica.

Since the Rise of Bahamut is now inevitable, our time together might soon come to an end.

So until that time.. I will continue watching you grow up.

Angelica, from now on, I will be here looking out for you as your Father.

------------------------

Angelica POV

After happily bidding good night to my parents on their room, I struggled walking towards my room as my tummy hurts a lot after competing with my Dad who were still a great eater of Mom's legendary cooking.

I closed my door and I was surprised to see Flugelmina still on my bed happily waving at me with her empty large box of cookies beside her.

"Flugel? Why are you still here on the Dark Palace? Don't tell me you're sleeping with me again!?", I said as I changed into my pajamas and joined her on the bed.

Flugel just widely grinned and gulped. Then she lied on the bed still wearing her white dress.

"I can't stand anymore, Angelica. Looks like I overeated too. My Mom specially made a ton of cookies since she knew the capacities of OUR stomachs and it seems like I ate more than I can chew. Ahahaha. Besides, its been a long time since I slept with you."

Then she slowly hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged her back, feeling her curly and smooth blonde hair on my palms. I missed her a lot too. I was so angry at living at this place so I had spent 6 years of my life on Earth, living as a ninja under Master Yukihiro and the Shadow Order, and sometimes training with my Grandparents, Shana and Yuji as well as my beloved Aunt and Godmother, Mina. My Grandparents on my Mother's side took care of me on the Mansion we have on Tokyo and also trained me how to be a Medic. In short, I was trained to be a Ninja, a Warrior, an Angel, a Flame Haze, and a Medic. My Grandma Shana also trained me on Culinary Courses and luckily I inherited my Mom's Ultimate Hundred Skills. Hehe. They all helped me get stronger so that someday.. I could impress my parents, especially my Dad who didn't noticed my potentials now that I am a teenager.

"Angelica.. please I am begging you.", she said with teary eyes. "Don't you leave me alone here again. You are my only friend on this realm and I suffered a lot from loneliness. You know I can't stay at Earth. My parents forbid me too as I can't restrain my Angelic powers for too long. It will disrupt the balance of Earth once they knew I had powers. I wish I could learn that Space and Time Sealing Technique, the Katsuzu that only those with a blood of a Flame Haze can do. I had been very sad you know. If you leave me again.. I will die."

I was shocked at what she said. "D-Die?!"

Then she laughed at my expression, "Idiot. Rabbits always die without a partner on their side.", then she winked at me.

Tears of joy went out of my eyes and I hugged her so tight, "I am so sorry, Flugel. Don't worry. From now on, we'll always stay together like we used to."

"You promise?"

I nodded happily, "Yeah. I promise."

She closed her eyes while still smiling and lied to the bed. Soon I turned the lights off and joined her.

"Angelica, we'll always be together.", she whispered softly and soon here she goes again with her loud snores.

I ran my hands smoothly on her blonde hair while smiling at her. I really, really missed her so much. I am so glad that she never changed towards me. She's still that naughty girl who would always take the sadness in me just by her grin and her jolly personality. She would always cheer me up and I am always here to ease her loneliness. Unlike me, she only had her parents who seldom have time for her and she doesn't have relatives to be with as both of her parents were already orphans. She was all alone.. but not totally.

FLUGELMINA ONLY HAD ME.

In short, she has suffered more sadness and loneliness than me. Yet, she could still retain her angelic smile that warms the body of every people around her, especially me.

"Good night, Flugel. I love you.", I said as I kissed her forehead and soon I fell asleep.

Never did I know that things would start getting weird as I will experience a nightmare afterwards that could change everything...