Chapter 7: Unexplainable Feelings

Tyron POV

I woke up early the next morning to prepare for the tournament that Lord David invited me to. I yawned, stretched, and ate what was left of the foods I gathered.

"Alright! Lets get this on.", I said happily as I took my bath and changed into the same battle equipments that is almost the same as Lord David. Black leather armors, and all other black stuff. I really idolized him back then. Because I heard he fights not to win but to protect his loved ones. He was powerful not because he wanted but because he needed to be so. Compared to him, I was nothing. I could not even protect my own Mother on her death.

I searched for the thing that he gave me yesterday. When I found it, I removed the cloth and I saw a teleport crystal to the Divine Land, which was behind the Divine Palace where the Gods resides.

I can't believe he would go so far just to invite me on that prestigious event. Well, maybe its time for me to prove myself! After all, Lords David and Ranseim is expecting a lot from me since I am the son of Bahamut.

---

After I prepared everything else, I looked at the picture of my Mom on the altar of the house. By the way, this house is where I grew up with Mom.

So I kneeled there, put my palms together, and prayed for her. Maybe it is weird for a demon to pray, but my Mom had always taught me to be religious. It is ironic, but some people address me as the Righteous Demon.

"Mom, I am going now. I am on my own from now on. Please look over me as I walk my own path. I love you. Rest well.", I whispered with my eyes closed and cried a bit.

It makes me so sad to leave home again. To leave the place where all my precious memories had once took place. But I have to keep moving forward, like my Mom always told me.

Soon I leaved through the wooden door of our house and had a final glance of it.

"Good bye, Mother. I am coming for you, Father."

----------

As I teleported to the Divine Land, I saw so many people bustling around a busy street. I was amazed as I look at everything around me. I thought this place will be just a plain land but look! Its a lively city with the Arena towering just ahead of me.

Im getting excited!

I put my dark hood on to hide my silver hair which people were looking at. I could never dye it because it is the only thing that I inherited from my human mother. This hair was so special as Mom said that we descended from a clan of heroes.

I excitedly ran to the entrance of the Arena and signed my name up.

"Alright, Mr. Tyron. Go to the waiting room and wait for your matches. Good luck.", said one of the event organizers.

Loud shouts can be heard everywhere I go.

So I wandered on my own where the hell is that waiting room. Soon I was lost.

I panicked a little, so despite my natural shyness, I asked a girl wearing black dress with metal breastplate with it, knee-high black metallic boots and black greaves that almost covered her whole arms. She was stunningly beautiful with her long, silky black hair, white skin, and brown eyes. She strongly reminds me of the so-called Flame of Heaven back in the war days.

I was stuttering again when I asked her, "U-Umm.. may I ask.. where is the waiting room?"

"Huh?", she looked at me with extreme disgust. It made me even more shy. "Are you an idiot? Its over there. Do you even know how to read or you're just stupid at directions?"

Then she pointed on a stairs which had a label that the waiting room is up ahead.

"Oh. Hahaha.", I said while blushing with complete embarrassment!

"You annoy me.", she said as she went up the stairs and I followed her.

I wonder what is her name? I can also sense a very powerful energy within her.

The waiting room has a big window that oversees the whole Arena. There were other mean looking warriors here other than that bad-mouthed girl.

"Oh! Angelica! I thought you'll never come.", said a woman the same age as the girl I encountered earlier said to the same person. She has sparkling blue eyes, curly and bushy blonde hair, and also a cute face. She was wearing white robes with real diamonds on it. This one now weirdly reminds me of Master Lucia's vessel, a girl named Yuki.

"Oh Flugelmina! I thought you'll never join the tournament! I am so happy.", said the girl whose name is Angelica.

"Why won't I join? I know you'll be sad if I didn't. Besides, all warriors here are just weaklings. I won't let you win this one that easily!", said the Flugelmina.

"Oh really!? We'll have to see about that.", replied Angelica.

What did she just said? WEAKLINGS? Yeah that's right, blonde! We'll see about that!

"Hmm? And who's this rag looking man that you came with?", said Flugelmina with such an irritating tone.

DAMN YOU.

"I don't know either. Whoever he is, he is a dork for wearing a hood in a place like this.", said Angelica with a cold and piercing voice that almost broke my heart.

Dork?

"Hmm? I thought you finally had yourself a boyfriend! Ahahahaha!", teased the blonde that made both me and Angelica blush.

"WILL YOU STOP THAT, FLUGEL!? I WON'T EVER FALL FOR A DORK!", Angelica almost yelled with a very cute frown. "Anyway, stop your yapping. The tournament is about to start."

Angelica's boyfriend.. huh?

I pulled my hood more to cover my reddening face.

"Hey, dork. What is your name?", Angelica asked while staring at me with that pretty face!

"Umm.. I cannot.. s-say."

"Humph. Like I care about your stupid name anyway.", Angelica folded her arms and pouted.

"Then why did you asked what is his stupid name!? Just admit it! You are interested in him!", teased Flugelmina while tickling her.

"Shut up, silly slug.", said Angelica coldly that added to her cool image.

I never knew that I will be acting so weird for a girl! Well, after all. The only woman I met in my life was my Mom. This is weird. This is totally crazy. Why is my heart beating so fast?

Just what is this... this unexplainable feeling?