Chapter 2: Angelica's Lonely Sorrow

Angelica POV

I am now on my room in  the Dark Palace, shut once again in luxurious room, weeping.

People have always remarked me as a strong girl with fiery passion, but little did they know how sad I am ever since we transferred here from Earth.

I hated everything around here..

Since Dad were called once more to lead the Shadow Realm as the KING, he had became more and more distant to me as her daughter...

-------

Flashback

One of the precious memory I had in my life was the time before we transferred here on Shadow Realm..

I was only 9 years old then. We live on our luxurious palace-like mansion on Japan.

Back then, I always eat, sleep, play, and tell stories with my Dad. I really love him so much as well as my Mom. But our bond back then were just so different like the way things are now.

"Hey, Dad!", I happily shouted as I jumped on their bed and I landed at his tummy.

"Owww!", he shouted and the three of us laughed joyfully.

"Hey, Dad and Mom! Today I had a great time at school! I played a lot with my friends and I received a lot of stars. Here, look.", Then I showed them my arm that was full of star marks.

Dad smiled and patted my head, "As expected from my daughter!"

I put my arms on my waists and raised an eyebrow, "Of course! I am strong like my Dad and smart as my Mom! I am invincible!" 

Both of them smiled at me proudly. It was the hundredth time I made them smile like that.

"Well, Angelica. Since you had beaten all your classmates, we're gonna have a feast tonight!", said Mom and I hugged her joyfully. I really love feasts as I love eating vigorously like my Dad and my Aunt, Mina.

Soon after that feast..

Dad received a letter from an Angel, telling him and our whole family that our time here on Earth had passed and my parents had to fulfill their roles on the Shadow Realm..

It was the last night we ever got to eat together since then. It was the last day that we ever got to bond altogether.

Years had passed and I met Flugelmina here on the Heavenly Realm which was divided into three parts. Light, Shadow, and Divine Realms. It's like a basin that contains three basins. Flugel became my very first friend here.

The both of us really trained hard and had competed against each other constantly to become much more stronger and make our Fathers recognize out potentials. But after all this time, we never had much of a chance to be with our Fathers. I and Flugel understands each other more than anyone because we are walking the exact same path as Heirs to the Throne.

------

Right now I can only cry and cry as I have always wished to be with my whole family once more.. I never wanted to have this kind of life. I just wanted to be at my best while my parents are there for me.

I just sighed and slumped on my bed. I magically switched attires and wore my usual black dress. I spent hours reminiscing about the memories of the past.

All in all, I wish my Dad never became the King of this stupid place. I had always wanted him.. to keep watching over me.. like the way we used to.

--

I heard someone knocking at my door. I slowly looked at it and opened it using my telepathetical skills. Since I inherited the amazing brain skills of my Mom, I can almost manipulate physical objects using my mind.

Soon, I saw Mom together with Flugel on the doorsteps. I put my palm on my face out of disappointment. I was really hoping that it will be him that will visit me and have some quality time with me once and for all.

Flugel entered slowly and Mom closed my door. She also turned the chandelier lights on my room.

"Angelica, why are you always so gloomy, turning off the lights?", joked Flugel and sat on my bed with a smile.

I pouted, "Humph. You know how much I find happiness in the dark. I am still a ninja after all, not just a warrior."

"The same night rat as Lord David as my Dad always told you me.", she giggled.

Mom sat on my bed too and raised my body. There is extreme sadness on her face. She hugged me slowly.

"M-Mom? What's wrong?", I worriedly asked.

"Angelica.", she said as her black eyes stared deep into my own. "Why did you leave the conference like that?"

"And so what? So I could watch more of how my Dad ignores me? No way in hell. I never want to see him again in the first place."

"You're lying to yourself again, dear.", my Mom serenely said. I can never fool around with her as she can scan my mind like a book. "I know what you feel, but your Dad never, ever forgets about you."

"AND WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS REALLY TRUE!?", I suddenly shouted and Mom slapped me hard. I was so shocked to see her crying.

"If only you knew how your Dad loved you so much for you to say something like that. If only you knew how much you broke his heart that he even collapsed after you leave the conference! Didn't you noticed? He was looking at you the whole time! He was itching to talk with you but he can't just come over instantly as our God were on our presence. He really wanted to talk with you despite how TIRED he is as he misses you so much. But as you leave that Hall, his only chance to talk with his daughter were gone and he became so sad and his body became even more weaker.'

It became so silent around. Only the munching of Flugel with her cookies can be heard. She handed me and I grabbed a handful. I ate all of them in a single shot. Ms. Yuki's cookies surpasses even my Mom's.

I gulped the food and soon I hugged my shaking Mother.

"Mom.. tell Dad that I am sorry.."

"Why don't you say that directly to him now, Angelica?", Flugel said with her mouth full. "He's now resting for the first time of restless months on the Grand Royal Room on the Palace Chambers."

"Mom?"

Mom wiped her tears and smiled, "Go now, Angelica. I and Flugel will wait for you here. Its the moment the both of you are waiting for."

I can't believe it. After years of distancing himself from me, I can finally have a talk to him not as the King, but as my Father..