#46 Looking for home, shameful and not so pepper sprayed 'up'.

☕︎
#46 Looking for home, shameful and not so pepper sprayed 'up'.

Fay

Human beings. They're interesting right? Wrong. They really aren't. They like very few things, and need very few things to survive. Food consumption, hydration, sleep, and reproduction is honestly the only things us 'Humans' enjoy.

Wrong.

I was so terribly wrong.

Human beings are so very interesting. We need very many things, and need even more to survive through this weird and twisted world. Food consumption, hydration, sleep and reproduction is honestly the very tip of the iceburg of what things us 'Humans' enjoy.

"Run Fay!"

And I do, I run as fast as I can. Dragging my worn-out navy-blue luggage past all the traffic, all the nosy, and all the many human beings; through the freezing beginning January air, and threw the heavy piles of snow, that are placed on the frozen pavement I run along.

I know lots will probably think I'm crazy for the sentence I'm about to exploit, but I don't even think we're capable of feelings. I know right I'm crazy! It's just when you think about it, we really exaggerate, like the emotion love.

I was wrong. Us humans have the most emotion out of any living things on this earth. And although we do exaggerate the word love, we are capable of it, some more than others, but we are.

Because if we weren't, why would my mother protect me? Why would my father try to be a part of my life again? Why would Shelbe constantly try to keep tabs on Eli? Why would Avery care so much about her friend going through a break up? Why would Jeremiah's single mother work daily for her little boy?
And why would I care so much to be with them all?

"Hey!!" I scream, smacking the window of a nearby cab that's parked right by the side walk.

"What the hell girl?! You trying to break my window?!" A dark-haired man exclaims, as he pulls down his taxi's window, looking up from his phone.

"No...Just wanted to get your attention!" I state out of breath, opening the cab door and seating myself inside it quickly. "Bring me to cobble street! As fast as possible please!"

"Alright, alright. Jeez," He sighs, taking off.

Yeah that's right. I don't really believe in love, or being able to love someone. I mean I can say that I love a certain character inside a book, but then completely hate him in the next chapter.

I'm so stupid. I still love my father. Even though he left, and even though we've had hard chapters in our life.

"Come on Eli! Please just be calmly walking on your street!"

The cab driver sighs, as he stops with cars both behind and in front of him. "Ugh, there's going to be some traffic mis. About a fifteen-minute wait."

"No! That won't do at all!" I exclaim, digging into my leather bag pocket and pulling out a twenty-dollar bill, not even thinking correctly. I don't have the time! "Here! Thanks!" I state, throwing him the bill and running out the cab door, dragging my poor luggage out with me.

"Well thanks missy!" I can hear him laugh happily, due to me over paying him.

I roll my eyes, running down the side walk. The air is freezing and it pierces my lungs with every breath. My messy braids flow behind me, as I jog along. A few people glance my way with the look of confusion and amusement, due to how ridiculous I look.