#33 Sometimes the past has to be brought 'up'.

*~☕︎~*
#33 Sometimes the past has to be brought 'up'.
*~☕︎~*

Eli 

   The throbbing pain pounces threw out my head, as my nose drips out the burning uncomfortable thing called mucus. My whole body aches, from head to toe, and my eyes sting every time I attempt to open them.

I freaking hate being sick.

Turning over in my cold sheets, my brain feels like it's bouncing with my every move, and my congestion moves to my left nostril. Dammit, I can't even breath. I close my tried, burning eyes. All I want to do is sleep.

"Eli! Breakfast is ready!"

My stomach turns at the sound of her enthusiastic voice that goes throughout the hallway, and I feel warmer, if that's even possible. This is because I'm sick right? Ugh. Who are you kidding Eli?

After a few moments, I can hear light footsteps walking over to my closed door. I slightly open my eyes, and the cold air feels like it's stabbing me. Then a small knock is given on my door. I don't respond. I just turn over to face the wall, feeling my stomach turn once more. I hate this.

After two seconds or so, another slightly louder knock is given. I don't reply. Is it strange I want her to knock again?

One last time. A loud herd of vicious knocks come down on my bedroom door like it was a stampede. And it's followed by. "Eli! Are you alive? Your unresponsiveness is quite vexatious! If you don't respond I'm coming in!"

My mouth can't help but form into a smile. Why couldn't she just say annoying? Why vexatious? She's so unusual. I really like it.

Because I'm curious, I don't respond. And as she stated, after another couple seconds, that felt like minutes, she opens my door and shouts. "Hello!? Are you deceased?!"

I can feel light bombard through my closed eyelids, it comes through the doorway, and brightens up my room. A small sigh is heard, as I hear her footsteps come closer towards my bed.

I keep my eyes closed, trying my best not to smile, or laugh, I don't know why I'd laugh, but I feel amused.

Unexpectedly, a hard, and powerful smack comes down on my head with a pillow. My eyes shoot open, and I spring up from my bed. Her pale pink lips are tattooed with a small, but powerful smirk, and her light mint eyes are full of satisfaction.

"What the hell was that for?" My voice comes out lower than usual, and hoarse, due to my throat being in pain. She rolls those pretty eyes of hers, as if I were missing something.

"I could tell you were awake, your eye lids were moving, indicating that you were getting use to the lights on, also you were laughing a little. Why didn't you respond? I'm leaving to my classes in like ten minutes and you're just in your room sleepi-." She stops speaking, and her eyes widen. Slowly she brings her face closer to mine.

My stomach drops, and twists; as my eyes automatically dart away from hers.

Gently, I feel a cold, but soft touch on my forehead, my eyes come back to hers, as she watches me with the look of inspection. With her brows knotted, her spearmint eyes squinted and worst of all she's biting her pale pink lip.

Without thinking, I push her hand away from me, feeling my face get warm. What the f*ck Eli?! You don't blush, you never blush! Blushing is for the weak!

"Wow, you're burning up. I thought something must've been wrong, I mean you usually come out of your room as soon as the aroma of food hits your door," She laughs, while running her hand threw her loose, tangled strawberry hair.