#37 It's funny how the things you say can make me 'up'set or happy in seconds.

*~*~*
#37 It's funny how words you say can make me 'up'set or happy in seconds.
*~*~*

Fay

 "So, what does that have to do with smoking killing you?"

"Everything," I state. This strangers' eyes glow in amusement, bringing that death trap to his lips once more, taking in a poisonous breath.

He breaths out, making the stench of the toxic smell wash over me. "Tell me again what you don't like about smoking."

I breath in. "Your lungs basically dry out and that can cause major coughing, colds, asthma, and can weaken your air capacity, it causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer, and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It also makes your blood thicken, which causes blood clots making your heart work harder than normal. It narrows your arteries, reducing the amount of oxygen rich blood circulating to your organs. Lastly, it smells horrendous," I state, taking a deep breath in after I've finished.

The stranger smirks, taking another breath from the small, but deathly trap. "Hmm. You speak kinda funny. Do it again."

This is my third time telling him different reasons why he should quit smoking, but everything time I finish, he asks the same thing again. It's getting quite vexatious.

"No. I've run out of reasons." I sigh, leaning on a comfortable, feathered pillow on this sofa I'm seated on. Since Avery and the rest of the girl won't pick up their phones, I've decided to sit down, and wait for one of them to turn up. It's alright, I've got an intriguing book on my phone that's been keeping busy, although, this stranger has been asking me questions for the past half an hour and won't leave me alone. I don't understand it. And it bothers me.

"Haha, you really like the word no, huh?" He asks. His voice is low, and calm. Like he's dragging it out of his mouth.

"It's one of my favorite words," I state truthfully, staring at my phone.

"One of? There are others?"

"Can this guy just leave?"

"Why does it matter to you? And why do you keep asking me questions? Don't you have friends?" I ask irritatedly.

"Woah. Easy there little red. I was just looking for someone to talk too. You don't have to be rude," He states, taking a drink from his cup, making eye contact. He's always keeping eye contact with me, Eli never does that, his eyes always dart away from mine the second they meet.

"Thinking about Eli again are we?"

"Well why me? I'm sure you can go find plenty of people your kind, and that are far more interesting." I sigh.

"I don't know. When I saw you, I quickly knew you don't fit in here. So, I was predisposed," He states.

I'm a little shocked he knew that word. I guess that's rude huh?

I sigh, looking back to my phone screen, to return back to my virtual book world once again. Gosh I wish I could just magically jump into this book and disappear. All my problems, and worries would vanish, and I wouldn't have to make small talk with this, this weirdo!

"Aren't you one yourself?"

"You texting your boyfriend or something? You've been so drawn to your phone," He asks, taking another breath of toxicity.

"No. One. And two: what does it matter to you? Why are you so nosey?!" I exclaim, getting to my wits end. He's even nosier than Eli was when I first met him.