#19 Rumors, terrible singing and some gentle swaying, are 'up'.

*~☕︎~*

#19 Rumors, terrible singing and some gentle swaying, are 'up'.

*~☕︎~*

Eli

What am I doing? The music is playing softer, slowly but surely, we're dancing in sync, and she doesn't say anything. She probably feels awkward, and I'm the one making her feel that way.

Ouch. Dammit. My foot.

Panic runs threw her big green bulbs, and she cringes. "Oops, my bad. I told you I can't dance," She states in a matter of fact tone.

"It's because you're clumsy," I joke, giving her a twirl as the music changes to a louder and more upbeat rhythm. She huffs, "I am definitely not clumsy."

She's being sarcastic right?

"Yeah that's totally why you broke like five glasses in the past week."

Her signature knitted eyebrows come on to the scene. "They were made from very thin, cheap glass material, so of course if someone lightly taps them against the counter, they'll shatter."

At this I laugh, "Lightly? You ran into a wall."

For once since I've known her, she just stares at me, of course in annoyance because I just won, but also because she has no come back. I never thought I'd see the day.

I smile, as she deathly stares, after a few short seconds she finally speaks up. "I was distracted, because I didn't want the easily fracturable glass to break and the wall got in my way. That has nothing to do with being clumsy, if the wall wasn't directly in my way, and the glass wasn't cheap, it wouldn't have broken." She smirks back.

This girl really doesn't like to lose.

"Pff, haha. You have a personally written book of ways to defend yourself inside there." I poke her head. She glances up at me with a straight facial expression. "Of course, I'll never know when I'll need to defend myself, so I always think about all the things that could happen and why throughout the day."

The music stops, and the lights stop being so dim, everyone parts ways, so do we. I let go of her hand and she steps back a bit, before taking a slight bow "Thank you my good sir, and I'm sorry'ith for stepping on your foot'ith," She says, trying to make her voice sound like she's from the medieval days. I can feel people looking our way; laughing and smiling.

Quickly I stop her, "Yeah yeah, I get it, you don't have to do that." I grab her hand and drag her away from the dance floor.

She grins happily. "Aw, is Elijah'ith embarrassed'ith?" A slight laugh escapes her little pink lips. "Please stop talking like that, people are bound to think your weirder then you already are." I sigh, rubbing my face. What the hell Eli, why is your face warm?

"I don't care'ith." she laughs, and I just shake my head, which makes her laugh more. "Whatever, do as you wish'ith," I respond, not looking her in the eye.

"Hey! Fay, how you feeling? Good enough to sing with us on the karaoke machine?" The pigtails annoying brunette friend asks, running up to us, with the other alongside her.

Looking over at Fay, she becomes pale, "Uh no. Not really."

"Aw come on! You've gotta face your fears, you're gonna have so much fun." The annoying friend laughs, grabbing her by the wrists and dragging the poor thing.

Fay looks back at me, as she's being dragged, and gives me a salute, with a frown. I shoot her a thumbs up. "She'll be fine, she's too shy sometimes," A voice behind me states, I look over to see the pigtails other nuisance of a friend. The dirty blonde guy, who pisses me off.