#13 My pancakes are coming 'up' all thanks to the drop.

*~☕︎~*

   #13 My pancakes are coming 'up' all thanks to the drop.

*~☕︎~*

Fay

Tricky situations. They're everywhere right? Right. A perplexing dilemma could occur at any moment, but it's the sneaky, out of nowhere, ones that you've gotta look out for. Because those are the problems in life that are the hardest to deal with.

☕︎

"Vooom vooom." My eyes shoot open, and I scarily fall out of bed. Rubbing my back, I can feel my spine crying form the sudden strike. Dragging myself back on my bed, I retrieve the now known sound, which is my phone.

Yawning, I squint at the screen to reveal an incoming call from Amazing Avery. "Hello?" Yawn again in the phone, hoping she'll take a hint.

"Aw, did I wake you up weirdo?" She laughs, I cry inside at how much I just wanna go back to bed.

I rub my eyes "A matter of fact, you did."

"Well, don't worry I won't keep you long. All you need to know is that today's classes have been cancelled and you need to be ready by eleven-fifteen, at the school campus. Oh! And wear something cute and warm."

"Wait what? I'm so confu-" and before I know it, the phone call has ended. Why do I feel like I'm not gonna like this?

Since I'm wide awake, I decide to forget about sleep. Once I'm up. I'm up. Getting out of my warm bed, I go over to my closet and think about what I'm gonna where.

Well whatever we're doing, it's gonna be chilly. Looking through my clothes I grab some black long pants, a white sweater with thin black stripes going across it and my other needed clothing.

Making my way over to the bathroom right next door, I look across the hall and see Eli's door is still shut, meaning he's out cold. I tiptoe to the restroom and lock the door.

You know that horrible feeling when you're tired and freezing? That's me right now. So, I turn on the shower all the way hot, and peel off my warm long-sleeved pjs. Encasing myself in the canopy of mist; I then wash up and jump out of the broiling fog.

I dry up and dress. Then brush my hair of all its stubborn knots. I put it up in a towel so it can dry faster. After I've dealt with my hair, since I'm supposedly going out today, I might as well put on some makeup, meaning mascara and chapstick, and bam! I'm done.

Stepping out of the steamy restroom, I balance the towel on my head as I walk back into my room. Hmm what socks for today?

"It'll be cold, so go for something more concealing," My brain adds in. I go for some plain ankle red socks.

"They'll look go with your boots."

Is it weird that I like socks and shoes the most out of any other part of my outfit?

Nah.

After, I go to the kitchen to get some food, noticing the presence of someone, I look over my shoulder to see Eli groggily leaning against the hallway.

He squints his eyes, and scratches his bed head, "What's up with your hair? Trying the unicorn look?" He asks, walking towards the kitchen cabinets to grab a cup.

"Pff, no. Don't be discombobulated. I'm obviously going for the rhino look," I explain, my facial expression very straight, as I flick my horn.

He stares.