#9 Fluffy robbers, indirect kisses, and orders are 'up'.

*~☕︎~*

#8 Fluffy robbers, indirect kisses, and orders are 'up'.

*~☕︎~*

Fay

Slowly, I put one foot in front of the other, tightening my grip on the baseball bat that is in my grasp. Out of all the times, all the days, a robber decides to show up now?! Now?

Slightly glancing back over my shoulder, I notice her eyes curiously looking ahead, trying to see past the hall and through to the kitchen. Her expression full of concern and a hint of fear, as she gently bobs her foot against the floor; anxiously awaiting what's to come.

What great first impression for her first night here!

"Schreeetchhh!"

Letting out a sigh, I take a step forward. "Wait! What if they have a real weapon?" She hisses, grabbing my shoulder to yield me.

"Well there's only one way to find out," I explain, readying myself to take a step forward, but I'm once again stopped by her grabbing my forearm. Her left eyebrow is arched high and an expression which seems to be saying 'You're stupid' is plastered onto her features.

"Alright here's the plan. I'm gonna go up behind them, knock them out, and you grab-" I allow my eyes to search around. Quickly I run into my room to grab the nearest thing, which happened to be an air freshener, off my wardrobe. "-this and spray them in the eyes," I state, handing her the little bottle of 'ocean breeze' scented freshener.

"Are you serious? This is air freshener! You don't know if it'll work!" She exclaims, while still whispering, as her spearmint eyes bulge out in frustration.

"Well then, where's your pepper spray when you need it commander?" I ask irritatedly. Gosh she complains a lot.

Her eyes snap to the ground, as she fumbles with her shirt. "I left it in my bag- which I left in the kitchen."

"Look it'll be fine; I'll go up ahead. You just get ready to spray- just in case," I explain, she only nods in response, changing her expression of fear and concern, to a new one full of determination and concentration.

Quietly we make our way across the living room, standing behind a wall just a foot away from the kitchen and this robber. I look over at her, motioning with my hand that I'm going in. She gives me a thumbs up and prepares the 'ocean breeze' freshener in her hands firmly.

I then quickly jump around the corner. Clutching the bat and swinging it back in preparation to hit this robber with all my might. As I let the bat glide through the air, I realize- that's all it is, air. Nothing to be hit.

Looking around the kitchen, I allow my eyes to find this robber, and what do I see?

A freaking cat.

Fay makes her way from behind the wall, still holding the freshener firmly in front of her. "Did you kill him?" She asks keeping her eyes shut. "I haven't prepared to see a dead body yet, so excuse me if I throw up," She states, scrunching her nose in disgust and her brows flopped in discomfort.

I flick her forehead. "Nope. No dead body. Or robber in fact," I explain, looking down at the stupid little black ball of fluff, that was currently licking itself.

She opens her eyes, to revel that minty color once more. "Really? Then wha- Oh my! It's adorable!" She squeaks, bending down to pet the little nuisance.

"Hi little guy. Aren't you a cute little thing?" She states as the putrid thing crawls in her lap and purrs.

"Aw. Isn't he cute Eli? He doesn't seem to have a collar either. Ah! Can we keep him?!" Her green orbs light up with anticipation and excitement, just like a little kid.