#31 Just when things seem just right, they turn 'up' wrong.

*~☕︎~*
#31 Just when things seem just right, they turn 'up' wrong.
*~☕︎~*

Fay

A normal instinct for us humans, is when we're hurt or deceived by something, or someone, we tend to stay away from that thing or person. We also tend to build walls, and teach ourselves to not make the same mistake by trusting them. For some it's easier to fall again, and for others it's not.

Not going to lie. I've got my ways for dealing with people or things that hurt me. It's probably the thing I hate most about my personality.

I run away from it.

☕︎

"Look I'm sorry! I really was sick that day!" The voice of the person I most dislike at this moment and time exclaims behind me, as I walk in front, completely ignoring him.

I sigh irritatedly, hugging my behemothic biologically text book, that probably costs more than my life, to my chest tightly. I bounce down each stair of one of the university stair cases. Not too far behind me, larger and heavier foot steps are made, coming down with me.

"Are you really gonna ignore me? Like seriously. You can't ignore this," Once more he refers to himself, cockily, "for much longer sweetheart."

"That's getting old."

I don't say anything, but simply walk away, not even looking his way, keeping my head held high. Then he does the most vexatious thing all day, he grabs my arms and pins me to the wall.

"Oh, na uh! He made you fail a test and now he's pining you to a wall! Show this hooligan who's boss!"

His expression changes from his normal cocky, obnoxiousness, to a scared and nervous one. Probably because he's just crossed the line, and I have no control over my face. "Let. Go," I state very seriously, and almost instantaneously, he let's go, and backs away two feet.

"What a baby. Booooo!"

Really common sense?

"Hey. It's been a really weird week. Your emotions have been everywhere, and we don't even understand them. I'm just trying to lighten the mood!"

You're doing a horrendous job.

"Okey. That expression forever changed my life," He laughs, as I fix my shirt, and braids. "Glad to be of your service," I state unemotionally, turning on my feet to walk away.

"Look! I really was sick, I'm sorry I couldn't be there, don't be mad," He states, grabbing my hand, I can tell he's meaningful in his words.

"I failed, and was very desolate, and troubled, but I forgive you because I'm a very nice person. We will never work together again, because you irritate me." He laughs at this part, interrupting my speech. "And I don't like obnoxious people, but I forgive you, so now you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone. Capisce?"

His blue ocean eyes soften, and his expression seems needing, almost like he's longing for something. "The truth is, I've been watching you, and I need your help."

Me? My help? Whatever with? I'm not usually the people come to for help. What could he want from me?

"I don't think I want to help you," I bluntly state, turning to walk away, before he says something that completely flips my emotions and mental being.

"I'm in love with Avery."

He says it so simply, in a way as if it just rolled off his tongue, and was such a tame sentence. I turn to him, staring him straight in his ocean eyes. He's honest, and seems nervous? I'm conflicted.