#28 Cuz now, its 'up' to us babe.

*~☕︎~*
#28 Cuz now, its 'up' to us babe.
*~☕︎~*

Fay

I'm limp. My legs feel heavy, and my mind feels full. Slowly, I can feel the burning inside me, and the sound that comes with it. It's a dark place to be in, a horrible one at that. I've lost something that I need, and cannot retrieve it. Will it ever pass? Will I ever feel whole again? Will I ever find it again!?

Food.

Any consumable, nutritious substance that us living things need. Plants need minerals, water and sunlight to produce their food. Animals of different kinds eat plants, meats and other substances. Us humans, well we enjoy many contradistinctive foods, of many differential regions. My favorite food from any region would have to be Italian. I love pasta.

Why am I talking about food so much? You might be asking. Well, my response is that I've pretty much only eaten an apple throughout this rainy, October day. Why? Because we're out of any nourishment in that flipping apartment!

I've said it once. I've said it twice, but Eli keeps forgetting to go to the grocery store. I've even put a sticky note on the fridge, his door, and right on his converses shoe! I mean, are you for real? I would expect that you would see my note every time you put on your shoes! Alas, he hasn't gone, but to be fair, he's been at home a lot lately.

'Gruulooop.' " Humans! Hide your children and lovers! Fay's prehistoric stomach is about to scavenge!"

"Minty, you alright? You seem stressed?" Morris asks, bringing his eyes away from his newspaper for a moment. I'm sitting across from him at the counter as we read.

Maybe from me trying my best to push out my stomach, because that's a way to stop stomach growling, my facial expression might seem quite stressed. I can't even concentrate on my book because my Gastric acid is eating my stomach lining!

I take a breath in and look back at my book, "Yes I'm fine, just a little tried." And starving.
He only smiles, while giving a nod, returning to his paper.

"Hell no! I'm definitely not going." Morris and I look over to the apartment door complex entrance, to see Eli drenched and irritatedly talking on the phone. "Look, I said no. So, stop calling me." After that, Eli hangs up, angrily running his hands threw his drenched hair.

"What was that about?" Morris laughs, throwing a towel at him, I look over towards him noticing that he still hasn't gotten the groceries! I put it on his shoe! How?! How can someone not see it?!

"Eh, nothing much. I've handled it." Eli sighs, and then walks over next to me by the counter, I stare. For about a minute. He just stares at the wall, avoiding my gaze. Morris looks at both of us like we're aliens. Then finally, Eli speaks up.

"Can I help you, tweedy bird? I know you haven't seen me all day, but I mean come on, don't make that obvious that you've missed me," He jokes, finally making eye contact.

"You didn't get my oatmeal raisin cookies!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air, he watches me very confusedly, but not as confused as Morris.

"The list was on your shoe! How could you not see that?! You've literally crushed all the hope I have for you," I state, planting my face down on the counter.

"Oh. Is that what that was? Whoops. I thought it was a candy wrapper." He laughs, still watching me amusedly.

I sigh, and walk over to the little sofa, face planting down. Gosh, starvation really messes with your emotions. I feel like I wanna scream and cry. A slight poke is given on my head before; "Sorry didn't know, are we really running out of food?"