#35 Time to throw some color 'up' on this plain brink wall.

*~☕︎~*
#35 Time to throw some color 'up' on this plain brink wall.
*~☕︎~*

Fay

I like mysteries, serial killer documentaries, and those creepy puzzle computer games. They just give me a sort of buzz and excitement when watching, reading, or playing with that topic.

Although, I've never ever been a fan of jump scares. I absolutely despise them. They make me indisposed and cause me to have extra perspiration throughout my body. Today was one of those times. I had the most terrible jump scare of my life so far.

Why am I talking about the horror genre, you might be asking? Well, today is October 30, meaning Halloween is tomorrow.

At home in Cali, growing up, Halloween wasn't a very distinctive holiday towards my mother. She would always say: "It's just another day with a name." And because of that I wasn't allowed to go out and celebrate.

I don't feel bad, or like I've missed out, to be quite honest I was never really into going out at night with people, or being with people in general. So, it all worked out.

I liked candy though. And still do.

"I wanna make my costume the coolest costume out of them all!" Little Jeremiah exclaims, as he and his mother walk side by side, out of the elevator and into the apartment complex lobby.

My attention drifts from my book that I've been reading, as I sit comfortably on the little lobby coach. Lately this has been my favorite reading spot. I enjoy the cool autumn breeze that comes in every time someone opens the entrance doors and how Morris would let the radio play some nice 90's music during the day time. He would say, and I quote: "It's food for the soul." And I happen to agree with him.

"I'll try my best to get you an amazing costume Jeremiah," His mother laughs, looking down at her little boy with kind eyes.

He smiles, then his eyes meet mine, widening. "Fly!" He exclaims, running towards me and the couch, I prepare myself by opening my arms, as he runs into them.

"Do you want to help me find the bestest costume ever?!" His eyes gleam with excitement, while his mouth is shattered into a huge, toothy smile.

"Well, sure, if your mother is alright with it. Also, Jeremiah, for future reference, bestest isn't a rea-"

"See mama! She said yes!" I'm cut off by his happy and loud protest. Kids will be kids.

His mother laughs, shaking her head in amusement. "Well, actually Fay, I was hoping I'd run into you. There are a few places I've got to go to and I was wondering if Jer could stay with you? Only if you have the time, I don't want to bother you," She asks shyly.

"Of course. I've got nothing going on today, my classes have been cancelled due to a holiday tomorrow, so I'd be happy to hang out with him," I state, watching the little boy play with one of my braids curiously.

"Thank you so much, I'll be back in about two hours," she states, waving off to us as she walks out the apartment doors.

In almost seconds the little boy hops out of my arms, and looks my way. "So, what should we do? It should be something fun!"

I think for a moment. "Well, we could read, or we could color again."

His face turns sour. "I don't know how to read, and we colored last time." He stops for a second, then letting another smile form on his lips. "I know! We should go on a mission!"