#34 Staring 'up' at the ceiling can be quite infatuating, depending who with.

*~☕︎~*
#34 Staring 'up' at the ceiling can be quite infatuating, depending who with.
*~☕︎~*

Fay

"She needs a father! Especially right now Kate! He's gone!" A loud, angry shout came from behind the door, and made every hair on my body stand up.

"The last thing she needs is you! You're already never here! Why would you think this broken little girl needs you, of all people!" Another voice shouts back, trembling in her every word.

I'm broken? "I'm not broken! I'm okey, I need you both!" That's what I wanted to say. I wanted to scream it out so that everyone could hear me.

But the words. The sounds, they could never escape my lips. They were locked up in my mind, mocking me every second, by not letting me speak.

It's because I'm broken. And I don't know how to fix myself.

☕︎

Cold, sticky sweat trickles down my neck, as my heart beats so fast, it feels like it'll leap out of my rib cage. I breath in heavily. My body trembles, as I sit up in bed, pushing away my hair that's stuck to my forehead due to all the sweating.

"It was just dream Fay. That's all over."

It is over. It happened a long time ago, so why am I having these dreams again? They shouldn't be coming back.

"It's because you saw him."

I saw my father, and spoke to him for the first time since I was nine. All in one day. That's why I'm not myself.

Call me a coward, because deep down I am, but I'm afraid. I'm afraid to speak to him.

Quietly, my phone buzzes, and the coruscating screen brightens my room, making my eye squint from the sudden light. I notice it's a notification from this app thingy that Eli made me get into, where you can face time, call, email or text at any time. You have to make user names and different profiles. I thought it was absolutely useless, but he insisted. Apparently, it'll help with work in his opinion.

Eli: Hey, you okey? I thought I heard a scream or something... but I didn't want to just barge in your room.

Pigtails: I'm fine. Just had some controversial topics I had to take care of.

Eli: At 3 am? xD

Pigtails: Hey don't judge me. Sometimes 3 am is the best time to get things done.

Eli: I'm not judging, I just think you're lying.

Pigtails: Are you calling me a liar? I'm not lying.

Not completely.

Eli: Yes actually, I am.

Pigtails: Wow. No discomposure.

Eli: Sweetheart, I don't even know what that means, let alone care. You're lying, and I don't like it. What's really wrong?

Something in my chest felt like it was clawing my insides, the moment I read 'sweetheart' and I don't like it. I want it to die in a hole.

Pigtails: Okey fine. I had a bad dream, and got spooked out. Big deal. By the way. I prefer pigtails or tweedy bird.

Eli: Alright. Prepare yourself "Babe"

"What the heck does that mean?!"

Who cares? He said 'babe' again and it's irritating. Why does he always have to do the opposite of what I say? Can he every just do what I say?!