#25 Parities seem to have a horrible turn 'up' events for us.

*~☕︎~*
#25 Parities seem to have a horrible turn 'up' events for us.
*~☕︎~*

Eli

Fear. That's pretty much what I'm seeing. She's afraid. Her voice as she talks on the phone is shaky and worried, and once more she's completely beat me with her expression. Holding her index finger to her lip, her once minty, full of curiosity and unblemished eyes, are now filled with anxiety and are almost darkened with a bit of anger.

"Morris, could you let me use your car? I'll pay you; I just need to leave now and fast," She asks with honesty dripping off her voice and she tries to hide her concern, but fails. Of course, Morris cracks. The old man can't say no to any sad face.

"Of course, minty, I don't mind at all, it's quite late though for you to be going by yourse-"

"I know but I've gotta go, I've gotta go now," She interrupts, and Morris responds by throwing her the keys, which in return she swift-fully catches. "It's the old, rusty thing parked out back. Be careful."

She waves him goodbye and runs out the door. Morris looks at me, with his bushy brows lifted. I already know what he's saying. "Go after her."

So, I do. I run after her, it's late, chilly out, and she hates my guts right now, but I'm going with her. "Fay!" I shout, and her head whips, as she unlocks the old, rusty muscle car. She seems confused. Don't screw this up Eli.

"Let me come with you," I state, as her eyes look towards the ground. "I know where the party is." This brings her eyes back to mine.

"Fine." Is all she mumbles out, throwing me the keys, as she gets into the passenger's seat. I quickly get into the drivers and turn on the car. It turns on smoothly, and I pull out of the ally way by the apartment complex.

"Whe- where is it? I can pu- put it into my phone if you want?" She asks, typing away on her phone, her voice is shaky and she's beginning to stutter.

"No, it's ok, I know the place really well," I reply, glancing at her, noticing her nod slightly, as she stares at her lap, lost in thought.

"Comfort her you idiot."

I swallow, watching the road. "You okey?"

"Really? "

" I am. I'm just worried Cass isn't," she states in small voice, typing away, probably to her idiotic friend.

"I'm sure she's fine, um, why did she call you? Doesn't she have a bunch of other friends always around her?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm even more worried. I can be very blunt, and I'm not the best at expressing my thoughts, so I don't know how I'm gonna get her to come with me."

My eyes drift back to her, she just stares out the dark window, watching some bulbs of light pass by every once and a while. "Isn't she drunk? Just tell her that she's gotta go home because her friend needs her."

She laughs lightly at this. "Cass still loves him. I can tell by the way she's handling the situation. If he tells her to stay with him, I don't know how I'm gonna compete."

"You'll convince her. You're good at that." I try to assure her.

"You're doing a sucky job."

"Yes, I know I'm a persistent person, but I'm also irritating," She states, a small laugh escapes my mouth.

Finally, we pull into Jason Tones house. She looks over the house, scrunching her nose and raising her brows high. Again, I can't help but smile at her weird, but interesting expression. It's a big house, gorgeous too, his parents are out of town so of course he's taking advantage.

Partnered Up☕︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें