#39 Three vexatious boys can certainly turn 'up' your emotions.

*~*~*
#39 Three vexatious boys can certainly turn 'up' your emotions.
*~*~*

Fay

Why do things change? It seems extraneous and very exasperating. I don't like how anything and everything can change at any time, without you even knowing yourself. I like plans, and to organize things, that it be from the simple things in life like what color bowls I put my food in, or the larger things, like my future goals.

I don't like sudden changes.

☕︎

"What?! How the heck did you swallow a whole gold fish?!" Charles sighs, staring at his strange best friend, who's face is plastered with an almost proud smirk.

"Why would you ever do that? Jeff. I swear you aren't human," Avery mumbles, typing away on her phone.

Cassie sighs. "Was it alive? I hope not. Poor little guy."

"What did it taste like?" I bluntly ask, without even putting thought in my sentence. Lately I've been doing that a lot.

Avery's eyes snap towards me in a confused manner, Cassie shakes her head, and Charles snorts at my ridiculous question.

"One: I just dropped him into my mouth, he wasn't that big. Two: because I was dared, and yes Ave, I have a birth certificate and DNA samples," The strange dirty blonde laughs. "Third: don't worry Cass, he had just freshly passed away. Fourth: they sadly don't taste like the crackers Fay," Jeffery sighs, patting my shoulder disappointedly.

I nod, taking another chip from my Doritos bag, and chomping down on it.

A slight buzz is given in my coat pocket, I take a quick glance to see the bothersome message before me. "Fay I'm so sorry. I had to tell him the truth, he's the only person who's around you all the time." ~Beth. I click the screen shut, not bothering to reply.

Lately Beth has been texting me constantly. She's been apologizing and trying to get me to meet up with her. But, I'll never do that. She exploited something about myself that I'm not very fond of, to someone who I am fond of. It hurt.

It hurt to explain everything to him, it hurt to see his adorable big, chocolate brown eyes full of pity, and his pretty red lips pulled into a frown most of that night. But it also hurt because I know he sees me different now. I've most likely scared him off more than he already was.

That's another thing that keeps passing through my mind.

I like Eli. And I'm starting to like him more and more each day.

The way he kept quiet and simply listened to me that night over the Brooklyn bridge was so comforting. I really liked it. The way the salty, cool air drifted around the silent, but busy, bridge, and the waters below us played gently as I spoke, and he listened. It felt like we were the only two people in the world.

To be honest, that's how it usually feels when I'm with him. Like it's just me and him taking on whatever comes next.

That it be a kid's birthday party with a runaway hamster, coloring our apartment entrance wall with vibrant chalk, going on fun motorcycle rides through the chilly October air. Him picking me up from an amusement park's security guards office when accused of stealing an old ladies ring. Walking along New York's light up streets and noisy atmosphere side by side, listening to good music on our bus ride home. Him singing goofily to old songs. Cooking together, staring at each other, having silent, but intriguing, moments and just plain working together.