Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

"Like prom?" Blaine asked.

"I wasn't totally implying that..." Kurt said.

"I think that's exactly what you were implying." Blaine smiled slightly.

"Maybe a little." Kurt shrugged. "It's this weekend you know."

"Am I a terrible person for not knowing if I should ask you or not?" Blaine asked.

"So you're one of those guys who just expects that I know that we're going." Kurt laughed softly.

"I want to go with you." Blaine said quickly. "I just didn't want to look like a fool if I just straight out asked you and you expected something epic."

"I just expect simple things." Kurt shrugged. "Besides, you don't have to be the one that asks. I could ask you."

"Would you?" Blaine laughed softly.

"Do you want me to?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah." Blaine smiled.

"Blaine Anderson, will you go to prom with me?" Kurt asked.

"Yes." Blaine said. "Kurt, will you go with me?"

"Of course." Kurt laughed. "We are so cliché."

"I know." Blaine smiled softly.

"Can I ask you one more question?" Kurt asked.

"Sure." Blaine nodded.

"Can I ask you to marry me?" Kurt asked. "I mean, I know you're going to ask, I made you a promise; but can I ask you too?"

"You can even buy me a ring." Blaine nodded, smiling as he leaned in to press his lips to Kurt's.

"Mmm... I like the sound of that." Kurt smiled.

"So what about prom king and queen campaigning?" Blaine asked. "I mean, I know Sadie Hawkins was kind of a joke but... do you want to run?"

"Sadie Hawkins was one of the worst nights of my life." Kurt said.

"Right." Blaine nodded, understanding where Kurt was coming from.

"I had to watch you dance with all these other girls, I couldn't kiss you, I couldn't hold your hand, we didn't walk in together like a couple, and these idiots were trying to ruin the night for me to top that all off." Kurt sighed.

"I get it." Blaine nodded.

"But," Kurt said. "I won queen with you and we got to slow dance and it showed me that no one can touch us or what we have. So yes, let's run for prom king and king."

Blaine smiled when Kurt said that. They didn't want to run for king and queen. They were both kings. These high school events were so discerning.

"I love you." Blaine smiled, pulling Kurt's face to his so he could kiss him. That ended up with Kurt practically sitting in his lap.

"I love you too." Kurt whispered.

"Can you believe we have two weeks of school left?" Blaine asked, running his fingers gently along Kurt's cheek bones and jaw line.

"Exam week and graduation week." Kurt nodded. "It's weird."

"Why?" Blaine asked, sliding his hand to hold on to the back of Kurt's neck, the other hand finding one of Kurt's and holding it tightly.

"I grew up here." Kurt sighed. "I spent eighteen years getting to know this town and now, I'm leaving in less than a month."

"Officially you can say eighteen years on Saturday." Blaine laughed softly.