Chapter Twenty Nine

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Twenty Nine: Thanksgiving

"You look perfect." Kurt smiled, kissing his boyfriend while gently biting his bottom lip.

"Thanks." Blaine grinned, kissing his boyfriend back.

Kurt's family would be arriving for Thanksgiving dinner in about twenty minutes and after a very hot make out session in the shower they were both fully dressed and ready.

Blaine was dressed in tan kaki pants, a white button up that was rolled up to his elbows, black shoes that he used for every nice event, and a wrist watch that Cooper had gotten him for his last birthday.

Kurt was dressed in black pants, a white button up as well but a sweater from his grandmother was over top of it, and a glass bow tie to complete the outfit with some brown shoes.

Blaine took Kurt's hand a played with his ring. Gently spinning it around on his finger. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed it softly. Loving the fact that the ring symbolized their commitment to each other.

"Do you think your family will like me?" Blaine asked softly.

"They'll love you." Kurt whispered grabbing Blaine's face in his hand, making sure Blaine felt the smooth cold metal of the ring. "I love you."

"I love you too." Blaine smiled.

"Kurt? Blaine?" Carole called. "Can you come help set the table?"

"That's our cue." Kurt said.

They went downstairs. Finn was in the living room being cute with Rachel and Burt and Carole were in the kitchen. This is what family was. Blaine loved being a part of it.

Kurt and Blaine set the table which now had twenty chairs seated at it because family from both sides were coming. Thank god the table was adjustable so it was able to fit those twenty chairs.

The door bell rang just a few moments after they were done and sitting in the living room with Rachel and Finn. Blaine's hands were sweaty in Kurt's hands but he didn't mind. It was endearing how nervous he was.

"You're amazing." Kurt murmured, kissing Blaine's lips softly.

"Why do you say that?" Blaine asked.

"Because you're adorable when your nervous and it's endearing how nervous you are to meet my family." Kurt said.

"I'm just afraid they won't like me." He said.

"They will. Don't sweat it." Kurt smiled and made a point to kiss Blaine's knuckles, especially where his ring was placed.

"Kurtsie? Is my baby boy in here?" An older women came into the room looking at the two boys, curled up on the chair together.

"Kurtsie?" Blaine mouthed with a grin in question, and Kurt glared at him.

"Hey Aunt Ida." Kurt smiled at his dad's sister.

"My have you grown!" She said. "How long has it been? 3 years?"

"Just about." Kurt nodded.

"And this must be Blaine." She smiled, looking at the shorter boy.

"That would be me ma'am." Blaine nodded.

"Oh please, I've already heard that Kurt and you are moving to New York together and are probably thinking about marriage, you're family. Call me Aunt Ida." She rolled her eyes and pulled him in for a hug.

"Aunt Ida." Blaine blushed.

"And Finn. Nice to see you again." She turned to Finn and Rachel who were cuddled together on the couch still.