Chapter Forty

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Forty: My Dark Side

"Blaine Anderson you are freed from the questioning of the court. Your presence is no longer needed."

Hearing that was like music to his ears. He could go home after the four weeks that it took of questioning and decisions. He was free.

Obviously the trial wasn't over. They still probably had a long way to go. But she was guilty for the assaults on him and that's all he really wanted. That would definitely get her some time in prison.

The next morning he was in full pack mode. He'd made a home in his small hotel room. His clothes were draped in various places and his laptop was set up on the desk and he no longer had to take online classes.

He was so rushed to get out of there he hadn't even realized the knock on the door. When he did he raced to get it and then continued to pack.

"You look like you're in a hurry." Carly said softly.

He hadn't really talked to her since the confrontation with Trevor. He felt like he'd made a fool out of himself and didn't feel like going back on campus to bump into Trevor or his friends.

"I am in a hurry." Blaine said, stuffing a few other things in one of his suitcases.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked.

"Carly, I really don't want to get into this right now." Blaine sighed, stopping for just a second to look her in the eyes.

"Because there isn't ever going to be another time to do this. You're not coming back." She said.

"I'm not." Blaine confirmed.

"Are we even friends anymore?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah." Blaine sighed. "I'm not going to ditch you just because you made one mistake. You're human. I've made plenty."

"How'd the trial go?" She asked.

"I don't want to talk about it. Besides, it's not over." Blaine said.

"Then why are you packing?" She asked.

"Because thankfully, I'm no longer needed." Blaine said.

"Blaine I'm really sorry." She said.

"I need time to be able to accept that apology." Blaine said, zipping up his suit cases.

"Blaine I-"

"Please Carly, if you want me to forgive you so badly then you'd leave me alone." Blaine sighed. "I'm trying to get out of here. The first three days I was here I'd already wanted to go home and now I finally am. So please, just go."

"You're right. I'm sorry." She nodded, walking to the door.

"Carly?" Blaine asked before she could leave.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I'm sorry too, you know?" Blaine asked. "I was really harsh and I don't deserve to be that someone who blows up on you. You need real friends Cat. I'm not going to be here when you need me. You have my number but I'm not around to stop you from doing something stupid. So please, for me, find some friends."

"Okay." She nodded before turning around and leaving, shutting the door behind her.

Blaine immediately went back to packing and when he was all ready to go there was another knock on the door. He walked to get it this time. He wasn't in so much in a hurry now.

"Hey sweetheart." His mom smiled softly.

"Hey mom." Blaine smiled back.

"Almost ready to go?" She asked.