Chapter Forty Two

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Forty Two: Nationals

"You have no idea how much I love you." Kurt smiled. "I can't believe you actually got my dad to agree to let me come."

"I know how important this is to you." Blaine shrugged, helping Kurt with his bags.

"Okay guys, I have a room reserved for the guys and one reserved for the girls." Mr. Shue said, handing out a few key cards. "And Kurt gets a room to himself."

"Wait a minute, Hummel gets his own room?" Santana asked. "Why?"

"His dad pitched in to pay for it because Kurt's still healing." Blaine butted in. "Come on, I'll help you get settled."

"Thanks." Kurt smiled, taking Blaine's hand so he could help him walk more steadily. He still wasn't great with his balance which sucked but he was doing much better.

Everyone followed after them and they had to take two or three elevator loads for them all to make it on their floor which was one of the higher floors in the hotel.

The boys headed towards their bedroom and the girl's was right across the hall. Mr. Shue's hotel room was right next to the boys to the right and Kurt's single room was to the far side of the hallway since they couldn't get four rooms right next to each other.

Blaine helped Kurt to his room and made sure he was settled in before he took a break and sat down on the double sized bed.

"You know, you don't have to baby me." Kurt insisted. "I can do everything on my own."

"I'm not babying you. I'm just following your dad's orders which were specifically to make sure you remained in one piece till you got home." Blaine smiled softly.

"He acts as if I'm going to get hit by a bus." Kurt said.

"I think that's exactly what he thinks." Blaine laughed.

"Well I guess I should thank you for the help." Kurt said.

"You don't have to." Blaine said.

"Well I am because you are way too nice to me." Kurt shrugged, sitting next to Blaine who had his legs criss-crossed.

"You're welcome." Blaine shrugged, taking Kurt's hand. "So how do you feel?"

"I'm okay. A little sore but other than that I am just peachy." Kurt grinned.

"I meant how do you feel about being here, in New York?" Blaine laughed.

"I feel good. Especially that you're here too." Kurt smiled. "I was thinking we could go around town and look for some apartments and maybe check out NYADA's campus."

"Getting ahead of yourself Kurt, we haven't even been accepted into the school." Blaine said.

"I know but it's nice to get a head start. Next month is all we have. We have prom, final exams, graduation. Why add this to the list of worries when we can get it done now?" Kurt asked.

"I get what you mean." Blaine nodded.

"How are you feeling? It's a lot to think about. It's all coming so fast." Kurt commented.

"I'm processing." Blaine shrugged. "I don't think it's gotten to me yet."

"Everything's going to work out just fine." Kurt said. "I promise."

"What if I don't get into NYADA? What if I can't get into anywhere here?" Blaine asked.

"You and I both know that that would be insane." Kurt said.