Chapter Forty Three

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Forty Three: And Your Prom Queen is...

"Hey, guys. How did you ask your girlfriends to prom?" Blaine asked.

"We're supposed to ask our girlfriends?" Sam asked. "Why am I just hearing about this now?"

"I just straight forward asked Rachel. I don't think she cares that much." Finn shrugged.

"Well Tina made a huge deal about it so I basically serenaded her but she knew about it because she planned the whole thing..." Mike said, still a little confused.

"I just don't know if Kurt cares a lot about this or if he just expects that we're going together and that's it." Blaine sighed. "High school is so complicated."

"So true." Finn nodded.

"At least we're graduating in two weeks." Sam said.

"Anyone gotten an acceptance letter from their college of choice yet?" Blaine asked.

"Actually, I did." Mike said.

"No way! You got into that dance school?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"That's awesome Mike." Puck amended him. "Though I won't be going to college."

"Still focused on the pool cleaning business?" Finn asked.

"Totally." He smirked. "It's still up for grabs if you want the job of being my main man."

"I'm set on staying with Rachel." Finn shrugged.

"Well I'm with Puck. I'm not going to college." Sam said. "Taking off right after graduation."

"What about you Blaine?" Finn asked.

"Um... Not yet." Blaine shook his head, frowning slightly.

"I'm sure you'll hear something soon." Sam patted his back.

"Yeah, Rachel and Kurt haven't heard anything yet either." Finn nodded. "Don't be worried."

"Easier said than done." Blaine muttered. "I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm going to... hit the books before free periods over."

"Alright man." Puck said.

"See ya." Sam waved and Blaine booked it out of the courtyard and went to his locker.

He shoved a few things inside and picked up the later inside an envelope that he had yet to open. It was a new month. Of course he'd gotten another one.

It was from Carly. He hadn't talked to her in a while. He didn't want to open the letter because he really wasn't considering the option anymore.

He shoved it back in his locker where he wouldn't be able to see it and be reminded that it was there. He had other important things to think about.

He shut his locker-softer than usual- and rested his head against it and closed his eyes tightly. He was worried.

He hadn't heard anything back from NYADA and that was killing him. He had other things to worry about too. Like asking Kurt to prom this weekend. And final exams next week.

"You okay?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah." Blaine nodded, lifting his head to look at his boyfriend.

"You don't need to worry about anything, you know." Kurt sighed. "We're getting a letter one way or another. If it's bad or good."

"I'm worried about the bad part." Blaine sighed and sat on the ground.

"Well stop worrying." Kurt rolled his eyes and sat next to him while taking his hand. "We've got more important things to talk about."