Chapter Thirty Seven

Not So Stereotypical
Chapter Thirty Seven: Regionals

"Good morning McKinley idiots and welcome back to the second half of the rest of the year." Sue's voice echoed through the halls. "I don't really have any announcements for you except to tell you that Coach Sylvester is always watching. Have a crappy day everyone. Especially my favorite people to torment, the Glee club. Break a leg at Regionals this week. Literally. That is all."

"Wow she can be a handful can't she?" Kurt laughed softly, walking up to a untidy looking Blaine Anderson. "Are you okay? It looks like you got hit by a bus. Repeatedly."

"I'm okay." Blaine nodded, slamming his locker on accident and wincing as soon as he did so.

"You seem a little jittery. What's going on?" Kurt asked.

"I said I'm okay." Blaine insisted.

"Seriously?" Kurt asked.

"I was up late last night." Blaine sighed. "Cooper had his girlfriend over again and they insisted for me to hang out with them, so I did. Then I forgot about the homework I hadn't finished and did that and spent sometime thinking about a song for Regionals and then other things." Blaine said.

"You haven't picked a song yet?" Kurt asked. "It's in five days Blaine!"

"I know. But I think it's because I have other things on my mind." Blaine said.

"Like what?" Kurt asked.

"Graduation, college, you, my family, the trial. It all seems like it's getting better but it's not just going to be like that right away and I'm still searching for a happy ending." Blaine said.

"And I fully believe that it's out there. You just have to be patient." Kurt said.

"I've been patient the whole seventeen years of my life. I'm ready to live for once." Blaine said.

"Speaking of years of life, your birthday is coming up soon." Kurt smiled.

"It's not a big deal." Blaine said.

"Yes, it is." Kurt said. "You will be legal. I will be dating an adult. You will be eligible to vote and live on your own and-"

"Are you suggesting that as soon as I turn eighteen that I get my own apartment?" Blaine asked, smirking slightly. "I'd be there for four months tops. Then move again?"

"Would it be such a bad idea?" Kurt asked. "Being alone all the time. Cooper never being able to interrupt us again."

"That does sound really tempting but,"

"Not a but." Kurt pouted.

"But, I can't afford that Kurt." Blaine said. "I work for your dad part time. That pays a quarter of Cooper and I's bill and he still insists he pay the whole thing. How am I supposed to get an apartment on my own?"

"It could be our apartment." Kurt suggested taking Blaine hand in his own.

"But you're not legal for another four months Kurt. By the time you're eighteen I'll be leaving that apartment." Blaine said.

"I meant, I'd help pay for it as long as I get to stay whenever I want." Kurt said.

"I couldn't ask you to do that Kurt. Where are you going to pull out that kind of money with no job?" Blaine asked.

"I'll have you know that while you've been working at my dad's shop, I've been taking up some hours at the Lima Bean." Kurt said. "I do also help my dad when you're not there and he pays me. And, my mom left a trust fund for me and I haven't even come close to touching that so all that money is intact."