Chapter Six

Not So Stereotypical

Chapter Six: Tonight

"Things have been getting complicated..." Kurt said to Rachel as they were walking down the hall the next few days later.

"Complicated? You've only been dating for almost two weeks. What can get complicated?" She asked.

"Blaine's had his attention focused on a lot more things now. He's not even trying to open up. He's barely even kissed me in the past two days. Two days Rachel!" Kurt complained. "I know he said he's working on his football scholarship and joining Glee club and trying to keep his grades up while doing both. His parents have him enrolled in guitar and piano lessons so he's been busy with that. I barely even talk to him in class now."

"Kurt he's got a lot on his plate and you did say that he said it might take him a while before he can let the whole world know he's gay." Rachel smiled at him.

"There he is. Let's see how long he talks to me." Kurt sighed and watched Blaine walking towards them.

"Hey Kurt." Blaine smiled. "Hey Rachel."

"Hi Blaine." Rachel said. "I think I'm going to leave you two."

"So what's going on?" Blaine asked.

"Nothing. I'm so bored without you around." Kurt said.

"Well lucky for you, I have a surprise planned." Blaine said, slipping a piece of paper in Kurt's hand, holding it slightly normal than usual guys did in public. "Read it when you get to class."

"Okay but-"

"I've gotta run but I'll see you in a bit." Blaine nodded, taking off down the halls and catching up with Sam Evans.

"So you talked." Rachel said meeting up with Kurt in their next class.

"For two minutes, a new record!" Kurt cheered sarcastically.

"At least you talked though." She sighed and turned around to face the front of the classroom.

When class started Kurt couldn't even pay attention. He decided to read the note that Blaine had given him before class.

'Kurt, meet me in the auditorium after class for lunch. I need to talk to you.'

Kurt's mind went crazy. He couldn't concentrate at all just hoping that Blaine wasn't going to break up with him or shut him out completely.

When he got out of class he walked to the auditorium slowly so he could savor his last moments of having a boyfriend. When he walked in, what he saw surprised him.

Candles were neatly spread out around a small blanket with pillows and two plates of food with juice boxes next to them were carefully placed on the floor.

And then there was Blaine. Smile on his face, looking down at himself to make sure he looked alright, and waited for Kurt to approach him.

"Blaine-" Kurt said breathlessly.

"Do you like it? I've been planning it for days." He sighed but then smiled.

"Blaine it's amazing." Kurt said, giving Blaine a tight hug.

"I'm glad you like it." Blaine said and gave his boyfriend a soft kiss on the lips. "Because it's to apologize."

"For what?" Kurt asked.

"For being a terrible boyfriend." Blaine sighed. "I know it seems like I've been avoiding you and for the first couple days I might have but it wasn't intentional Kurt. I was just... Scared."