Chapter Thirty Eight

Not So Stereotypical
Chapter Thirty Eight: You'll Be My Valentine

Dear Grumpy Gills,
I am writing to check up on you. Do you remember me? It's the weird Nemo lover, Carly. I knew that'd jog your memory. Anyway, the purpose of this letter is to see if you've considered your option to come back. Like I said before, I'd be writing a letter to you at least once a month and oh look, February! New month.

Listen Anderson, you're a brilliant kid. You have an ability that a lot of others lack. And that is depth. You have a heart unlike most of the worthless pricks around here. Which I took an interest in.

You're one of the first people to look at me like I was someone normal. I have to thank you for that. I have to do everything in my power to make you consider getting your ass back here. Because this school needs someone like you.

I'm just hoping that you've given your scholarship a little more thought. I know you have your boyfriend but if he was out of the equation, if he was fine without you, you'd be here in a heartbeat, wouldn't you?

I'm going to be visiting Ohio next month, a few other kids out there have applied to U of C and we may give them a chance to come too. Just think about it Blaine. This is your dream. I hope to see you soon.

Carly

P.S. Happy Birthday.

"Whatcha got there?" Cooper asked, nudging Blaine as he walked in the kitchen.

"Nothing. Just some stupid junk mail." He lied through his teeth.

"You are such a bad liar." Cooper rolled his eyes. "What'd they say?"

"What'd who say?" Blaine asked.

"The university obviously." Cooper said.

"How did you-"

"You can't hide things from me Blaine. I've searched your room." Cooper said, pulling out a left over Chinese take out box from the fridge.

"You search my room?" Blaine asked, feeling so invaded.

"Once in a while." He nodded.

"Have you ever heard of a thing called I don't know, privacy!?" Blaine hissed.

"I'm just looking out for you." Cooper sighed.

"I need to move out." Blaine said.

"Yeah." Cooper laughed.

"Good thing I've been looking for apartments." Blaine said lightly, waiting to hear his brother's reaction.

"What?" He asked with a mouth full of food.

"Well I figured since no Senior lives with their brother when there kicked out of their own house that maybe I should-"

"Stop." Cooper said.

"What?" Blaine asked.

"You're not moving out. No way in hell." Cooper said.

"Excuse me?" Blaine asked in disbelief.

"You're not moving out. I am your guardian and I forbid you." Cooper said.

"Last time I checked, I was eighteen and very capable of making my own decisions." Blaine countered. "So yes, I can very well move out."

"You're eighteen." Cooper said breathlessly.

"Happy birthday to me." Blaine rolled his eyes and grabbed his back pack, heading for the door.