Chapter Thirty Five

Not So Stereotypical
Chapter Thirty Five: Dealing

"Welcome home!" Burt smiled, as soon as the two boys walked through the door.

"Dad!" Kurt said, hugging him tightly.

"How was the trip?" Burt asked, ushering for Blaine to come in too.

"It was amazing, so beautiful." Kurt smiled.

"Well come in, make yourself at home and I'll have Finn take your bags upstairs Kurt." Burt said, walking into the kitchen.

"Was it this decorated when I was last here?" Blaine asked, pulling off his coat and hanging it up.

"My family does some... Last minute decorating." Kurt shrugged. It was like a Christmas wonderland and the lights were so bright that they didn't need the actual lights on.

"Come on in boys, we made dinner." Carole said. "The family should be here soon."

"Family?" Blaine asked.

"Did I forget to mention that everyone's coming over for Christmas dinner?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah, a little." Blaine nodded.

"You don't mind, do you?" Kurt asked.

"Not at all." Blaine smiled thoughtfully.

"Mistletoe." Burt nudged the two as he walked into the living room.

Their heads lifted up to the top of the door frame and noticed that there was in fact mistletoe hanging.

"So are you going to kiss me?" Kurt asked.

"Uh yeah." Blaine gulped. "Yeah."

"Are you nervous because my dad is standing right there?" Kurt asked.

"Pretty much." He nodded.

"Okay just, grab my waist." Kurt whispered, bringing Blaine's hands onto his waist. "Pull me towards you and put your lips on mine."

"Okay." Blaine nodded, quickly pulling Kurt the closest he could be and took his head in one hand while the other was still on his waist.

Kurt was about to speak again but before he could, Blaine lips were crashing against his own and he couldn't help but smile.

"Well I'm gone for a month and I'm welcomed back by the love birds." A female voice said, making Kurt jump slightly.

"Aunt Ida." Kurt gave a small smile.

"Along with your favorite cousin." Lee waved to the two, Louis right behind him with their hands firmly intertwined.

Everyone was there. Everyone from Thanksgiving that is. And it was a beautiful dinner full of laughs and memories. It really was all that Blaine had missed with his family.

And suddenly there was a knock on the door and the happiness was silenced. Burt got up to get the door and the talking continued but you could tell the difference. Everyone was curious.

And when Burt came back, he wasn't alone. And there was silence. Especially when Blaine looked up and his heart dropped in his chest.

"Hey Kurt, look who's here." Burt said, there was nothing in the tone of his voice. Just nothing.

Blaine looked worse than Kurt though. Kurt had an emotionless feature on his face like his father but Blaine looked angry but also sick.

"Why are you here?" Kurt spoke up.

"Can't I visit my favorite nephew?" She asked.

"No." Kurt said.

"And why not?" She asked.