I sigh and look back at the machine, the silver ball long gone. "So dramatic."

Leo leans on the Space Heroes themed game, his taller figure leaning closer to me with a smug smile. "What happened? You almost lost the ball like five times at least."

I cross my arms in defeat and don't allow myself to look up at him, the feeling his body lingering so close to mine being more than enough to overwhelm. "I-I can't think when you're that close..."

He smirks down at me. "That. Is. Adorable."

I huff. That smug little jerk...

"I'm only teasing." He gently tilts my chin up and smiles softly at me, being serious now. His smirk softens as his thumb strokes along my chin. "I've gotta leave for patrol."

I nod. "I'll be here. As usual." I smile a little. "You guys be careful."

Leo returns the nod before squeezing my hand, then gathering and leaving with his brothers. I walk over and plop down on the couch. Grabbing the remote, I surf through the channels to pass the time until I settle on a show I like.

It was a short two hours later before an angry looking Leo walked back in.

"Leo...? Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting up and turning off the TV.

He doesn't respond to me and storms to his room, his bedroom door slamming shut. Not sure what's just happened, I head towards his door slowly.

"Leo...?" I say softly. I knock on the door gently and wait. "Please open up..."

I won't press him too hard. I tell myself in my head, knowing once again he was really upset about something. I'm not gonna make things worse like last time.

A few seconds later I hear the turn of the knob and the door opens quickly.

Leo comes out before grabbing my hand and tugging me into his room with him. The door closes behind me, and the pacing starts.

"It's impossible. They're impossible!"

"Who?" I ask.

"It's not my fault Splinter chose me as leader but at least I take it seriously!" He wouldn't even look at me as he paced aimlessly around. "Is it me? 'Cause I'm trying my best. Why can't they see that?"

I was only hearing pieces of the problem at the moment, but what he was saying and the way he was saying it still made me on edge about whatever could've been bothering him so much. It felt so wrong seeing him freaked out like this.

"Leo, it's okay."

"It's not, it's frustrating." His chest was heaving as he spoke quickly. "Why can't I figure it out?! W-why can't they–"

I went up and cupped his cheeks firmly in my hands to look at me. He finally stopped pacing and looked into my eyes. "Hey, it's alright! Just breathe. Listen to me."

I don't know how I knew to do that. But luckily it worked, because he stopped his rambling and I could see him slowly coming back to the present. And then he really looked at me. Eyes wide as he took in my close proximity and gentle touch.

It all happened so fast, but before I could blink I felt his arms around me again. He was pulling my body into his and his face buried in my neck. Lost, I returned the embrace in confusion as I let him stand there in my arms for several moments. "Leo..." Next thing I knew his hands were on my waist, backing me to the wall next to the door.