Chapter Twenty- Four: Thomas Sweet

Start from the beginning

I gave Thomas a flat look, “How do you know I went out with a boy?”

Thomas let out a snort, “I know everything.”

This time it was my turn to snort, “Please you know nothing, and you’re probably just bluffing.”

“Really? Then how do I know that Holly told Ben that you were going out with this dude named Gavin?” Thomas said in a challenging voice.

I just stared at Thomas, I didn’t know how he knew that. However, I didn’t want him telling dad so I had to keep him quiet even if it meant letting him win. “Okay what do you want?”

Thomas smirked at me, “Glad that you see it my way.”

I narrowed my eyes at him, “Just get on with it.”

“I want you to take me to Thomas Sweet.” He stated.

“Thomas what?” I asked confused.

“Thomas Sweet,” He repeated. “It’s an ice cream store.”

“Why can’t you ask mom or dad to take you? Or even go with one of the guards?” I said confused to why he wants me to go with him, from all people.

“Because dad would draw to much attention, mom is somewhere that only God knows and its weird going somewhere with the guards all they do is stare at you.”

I let out a sigh, “Fine. What time are we leaving?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow,” Thomas said walking past me and towards the door. He pulled open the door, to turn around at me briefly. “Thanks, Alice. It means a lot to me.” With that Thomas pulled open the door, shutting it softly on his way out.

I sighed as I ran my hands through my fading brown hair. When mom comes back, I really need to go to the salon my hair was starting to come back to its original color. I walked into my bathroom, pondering on the thought to why no one had recognized me yet. I hadn’t really changed up my look much then cutting my hair and dying it a darker shade, but even though people from school hadn’t noticed, I made sure to stay away from paparazzi at all times. But, it wasn’t a big deal anyways there were more focused on my parents then they were on me and Thomas.

I let out a yawn, I didn’t really want to think about anything anymore. All I really wanted was a good night’s sleep, and judging by today’s hectic day, hopefully I would have a good one.

*

“I still don’t understand why? Like from all ice cream parlors you choose this one?” I questioned my younger brother strapping my seatbelt in.

“What’s wrong with the place that I have chosen?” Thomas asked, buckling himself in.

“Nothing. It’s just weird going across town to go and get some ice cream, like you could’ve asked Marco and he would have made you some.” I said sinking into my seat and placing the sunglasses on my face to cover my hideous bags after a restless night. I didn’t know why but I had this odd feeling that something bad was going to happen I don’t know what, but it was something.

“Thomas Sweet isn’t across town, it’s a five minute drive from here. Plus, who wouldn’t want to go somewhere that has the same name after you?”

“I wouldn’t,” I muttered under my breath.

“I would,” Piped Ricky from the front. “But what would be cooler if it was named Ricky Sweet,” Thomas than began to argue with Ricky about how that is a lame name for an ice cream parlor.

“Oh pipe down, you two.” I said trying to get in a comfortable position for what was left of this five minute drive. I pulled out my phone checking if Sarah had replied to my message. I texted her earlier this morning telling her I wouldn’t be able to make it to today’s rehearsal, due to the fact that a brown eyed little monster is making blackmailing me. But of course I didn’t tell her that. Instead I told her that there was a family emergency and I wouldn’t be able to make it. She texted me back saying okay and that she would pass the message onto Gavin, now I was just waiting for her to reply to the message that I sent her asking her if Gavin had responded yet.