Chapter 33 | Poster Girl

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head. "Of course, I will."

Ray smiled.

"I'll make you a poster too!" I added.

He threw his head back laughing. "Whatever floats your boat, babe."

I looked into his loving eyes. "Just call me poster girl."

"Poster girl, huh?" he teased.

I nodded my head. "It has a nice ring to it."

"You want to be known as poster girl?"

I shrugged. "Well I mean I wouldn't mind. I'm known as a lot of things."

"Oh yeah, like what?" he chuckled.

I let him play with my hair as we continued to talk. I could feel his chest moving up and down with each breath he took.

"Well for starters I did hit on the captain of the football team."

"Can't argue with you there," he laughed. "What else are you known as?"

I looked back up at him. "Your girlfriend."

He flipped us over on the bed and kissed the living hell out of me. It was fun and playful, yet had so much meaning to it. It was an intimate way of reconstructing our love for each other and how our feelings hadn't changed over the course of time.

A few moments later, we heard keys jingling at the front door. I looked over at the clock and it was a quarter past four. Ray and I had lost track of time talking that we weren't even aware of his parents not being home.

"Is that your mom or your dad?" I asked.

"My dad," he answered bluntly.

Ray told me that he wasn't close to his parents because of the divorce his parents were going through. I wasn't too sure if both of them still lived here in the same house, but I knew Ray was having a hard time with it.

"Should we go say hi?" I asked.

"Only if you want to. I'm not going to force you to meet him if you're uncomfortable doing so," he answered.

I hadn't met his parents before. I didn't even know if they knew that their son had a girlfriend. Sure, I wasn't really prepared, considering I showed up unexpectedly, but I would have to meet one of them sooner or later.

"Yeah, I'd really like to."

He gave me a faint smile. "Really? You want to meet my broken family?"

I nodded my head. "I want to meet the wonderful people that gave me you. Even if it's just your dad for now."

He nodded his head. "Well then let's go out and say hi."

Ray opened the door and let me walk out first. He walked right next to me the whole time, leading me around his house.

His dad was sitting at the kitchen table reading the morning newspaper. He picked his head up to look at me and Ray.

"Dad, I want you to meet, Jade, my girlfriend," he announced.

His dad stood up and walked over with a bright smile on his face. "Hi, Jade, nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Pierce, but you can call me Richard."

"It's nice to meet you too."

He offered me a seat at the table. "Here, have a seat, make yourself at home."

"Thank you," I politely answered.

"So, how long have you and my boy been dating?" he asked.

I looked over at Ray. Without the little break we took, it would have made around three months, but I didn't know if we were counting that.

"Around three months," Ray answered.

"Really? That's quite some time. If you don't mind me asking, how'd you two meet?"

I smiled. "I actually tutor him in Trigonometry."

He looked at his son. "You got a smart one here son, don't let her go."

Ray chuckled. "I wasn't planning on it, Dad."

"Are you staying over for breakfast?" he asked.

I looked over at Ray to see if he wanted me to. He just raised one eyebrow at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Yeah, that sounds great," I agreed to his offer.

We talked for the rest of the morning until the sun came up. I got to hear some stories of when Ray was a baby and how he got to be the man he is today. I couldn't have asked for a better first interaction with his father than this one. 

---

A/N: It's my birthday!!! Sorry for the very late update on this book. School has been very hectic and I'm actually taking Trig this year and let me tell you, it really is killing me. I feel Ray's pain. Anyways, I wrote this chapter just for today! I'm so hyped for being 16 :) I hope you guys loved this chapter! I know I did! It was so much fun to write, mostly because I can relate so much to this chapter in various ways haha. Last but not least, thank you beautiful readers for 60,000 reads!! I can't ask for a better birthday present than this :').