Chapter 25 | Three Little Words

It was currently 2:35 am, and I was still face timing Ray on my phone. I could hear the faint sounds of his parents yelling at each other in the distance. I promised him that I would always be there for him when he needed me, and that promise followed through even in the early mornings.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

He sighed. "I'm trying to keep my cool and mind my own business, but I hate it when they fight. I don't know why we can't just be a normal family. If you would even call us that anymore. I can't even remember anything that was good coming out of their marriage."

"They made you, didn't they? To me, you are the best thing that came out of that relationship."

He chuckled softly. "You always know what to say."

A faint noise of a glass breaking ran through my ears.

"Is everything okay there?" I asked urgently.

Ray was already rushing down the stairs to check up on his parents. The camera was shaky with each step he took.

Once he reached the bottom of his stairs, I could see tears welling up in his eyes. The room went silent for a minute; his parents stopped bickering.

Ray traveled back up the stairs and slammed his bedroom door shut.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, trying to soothe him.

He sighed and shook his head. "Our family picture frame is currently shattered on the floor."

"I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to make it better?" I asked.

He gave me a faint smile. "You're already doing it."

An idea popped into my head that would hopefully take his mind off of the problem. My parents and Shane were going to be gone for the weekend and I had the whole house to myself.

"Hey, do you want to come over tomorrow and hang out? My parents and Shane are going to be gone for the weekend."

He smiled and nodded his head. "That sounds perfect."

"You should get some sleep then," I suggested.

"Yeah," he sighed.

"Hey, don't worry too much. You should smile more, it looks good on you."

He gave me a cheeky grin.

"There's the smile I love."

"Good night, beautiful."

---

The next morning, I said goodbye to Shane and my parents, then texted Ray to come over. In the meantime, I was binge watching shows on Netflix to make time go faster.

I heard his noisy car pull up in front of my house, followed by a knock at the door soon after.

"Hey, handsome," I greeted.

He bent down and kissed me. "Hi, so what are we doing today?"

"I have the ingredients to make cupcakes out, want to start with that first?"

He nodded his head and walked with me to the kitchen.

"Can you measure the flour?" I asked.

In an instant, the white flour scattered everywhere. "Whoops."

I laughed at his mess. Flour was everywhere on the table and in his hair.

"It's in your hair!" I exclaimed.

"I'm a little messy?" he questioned, chuckling.

"That's an understatement."

We had music playing in the background while we were making cupcakes. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran came out, it was one of my favorite songs of all time.

I gasped. "Come dance with me!"

He chuckled and laced his fingers in between mine. His other hand rested on my lower back, while mine on his shoulder.

"This is one of my favorite songs, you know?" I muttered, swaying slightly to the music.

He smiled, looking down at me. "Really?"

I nodded. "It's so passionate and meaningful."

I rested my head on his shoulder, savoring the moment. Even though we weren't in a ballroom, it was perfect. I loved every moment of it and never wanted it to end.

Once we finished baking the cupcakes, we decided to head back to my room.

"Wow, I haven't been in here since the first time you tutored me," he said, looking around to see if anything had changed.

"Oh yeah, that's right. I'm going to go shower, make yourself at home," I offered.

He nodded his head and plopped himself down on my bed. I needed to wash off all the frosting that got on me while we were icing the cupcakes.

I grabbed a new pair of clothes and sent them down on my countertop.

It wasn't long until I finished taking a shower. It was nice to feel clean again. When I went back into my room to check on Ray, he was sitting at the desk I write my journal at.

Low and behold, my journal was there in his hands. I must've forgotten to put it away from last night.

He must've heard me walk back in because his eyes shifted to me.

I recalled everything I wrote from last night.

I really do think I'm falling for this boy. Forget that, I know I'm falling for him. He does all these sweet things for me that make me fall harder for him each and every time. I know, I probably sound like a lovestruck teenage girl, but it's true. There's no doubt that I'm in love with Raysen Pierce.

"Did you really mean this?" he asked, holding up my journal.

I could feel my heart beating in my throat. "Every word."

He placed the journal down on my desk and walked over to me.

My heart was beating out of my chest. With every step he took, more and more adrenaline pumped through my blood.

He took my hand in his and looked down at me. "You meant every word?" he teased.

I nodded my head.

"I wanna hear you say it."

I knew exactly what he was referring to. I haven't said those three words to anyone in a long time. It frightened me for it to come out of my mouth. I always pictured it to be more romantic if the guy said it first, but screw the rules. A girl can say it just as well.

"I love you."

He smiled from ear to ear. "I love you too, Jade Clarke."

In that moment, everything in my life felt complete. I wanted to shout out to the world that I was in love with this wonderful boy, named Ray Pierce.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he muttered.

"Same goes for you," I agreed.

"Words can't even describe how I feel for you, tutor girl."

"Then show me." 

---

A/N: Hey, my lovelies! I hope you  liked this chapter. I know it's pretty short, but I tried to make it short, sweet, and to the point. Next chapter, will be uploaded tomorrow. It will also be in Ray's POV, so I hope you guys like it! :)