El was breathing heavily by the time she was done, slightly annoyed by his lack of a quick response. For a long moment, the look on his face made her wonder if he'd heard anything she'd just said. He didn't seem fazed by any of it.

"I'm not afraid."

Looking down at her hands, she felt as though the fear he was pushing away was piling itself on top of her own. "Maybe you should be. Your name is on that list." She wasn't asking, merely confirming something she already knew to be true.

People from all over, with the sole purpose in life to kill, were coming for him. With millions of dollars as their endgame, a change of heart or moment of mercy was out of the question.

Why wasn't he afraid when she was absolutely terrified?

"We should go," she whispered and he checked the clock beside him and sighed. "We should," he agreed quietly and picked up their backpacks along with his lacrosse bag from the floor.

The ride to school was quiet and undeniably tense. Did this count as their first disagreement only one week into their relationship? If this was a synopsis of how their time would be together, then either it was going to end very quickly or it would be spent at constant odds with one another. Both options further darkened her already somber mood.

"Who else is on the list?" El asked as she removed the helmet and handed it to him. Scott was a patient person at his very core, but right now it seemed he'd like to keep all conversation of the deadpool to a minimum. After all, it's all he'd been talking about for two weeks straight from the moment he and Argent investigated Demarco's murder to today when he'd decided to finally tell her about all of it.

"Lydia and Kira," he answered with a sigh.

Disagreements aside, El didn't like seeing him upset. She knew he was under an insane amount of pressure to protect everyone. He was the alpha, that's what was expected of him and she couldn't imagine the heavy responsibility that entailed. They weren't just friends either, they were his pack and that was a much deeper bond than any kind.

"And so is Derek."

El's teeth ground together as they began the walk into the building. She didn't bother putting on a happy face for those around her. They all already thought she was crazy, pretending wouldn't change their minds.

"Derek can take care of himself," Scott assured and held the door open for her to walk through.

Which explains why he was kidnapped and taken to Mexico, she grumbled making sure to keep it to herself. Her bickering wasn't going to help Derek. Or anyone for that matter.

"I just wish I didn't feel so useless."

"You're not a machine, Eleanor. You don't need to have a use. You just need to be alive," he emphasized and reached for her hand once again. This time she returned the gesture and held it tightly.

"At least let me help you with Liam. I have a feeling tonight's not going to be easy on him."

"You can say that again," he drew out a tired laugh and ran a hand through his short hair. She wondered how he managed to get a good nights sleep with all he had to deal with. "Okay, if he's going to listen to anyone it's going to be you."

El smiled up at him and he leaned down to kiss her temple as they stopped in front of the door to her next class. "See you later?" She nodded and took her bag from him but not before giving him one last hug.

Differences in opinions aside, they were in this together.

Liam was already in his seat when she walked in. He didn't have to look up to see it was her her who had arrived. He'd been able to hear and smell her from the moment she'd walked into the building. Along with Scott.