Japanese Flirting

Start from the beginning

"I am. I was just getting back to my meditating. It's good for cooling down afterwards."

"Don't you wanna relax out there with the rest of us?" I ask hopefully.

"This is relaxing."

"But it's not fun."

"I personally find it exhilarating." He smirks.

"Come ooon, please?" I beg and pull on his arms. "How could you come in here after I told you I'm on break?"

He chuckles. "Hey, it's not my fault. I knew you'd come in here so I could bring up the fact that you never told me today was your last day. I thought you guys still had like a week or two left."

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I explain and pout playfully. "It's not as fun without you."

Leo's smile grows and he shakes his head at me. "Okay, okay... I'm coming. Peace and tranquillity can wait I suppose." He rolls his eyes and grins.

"Great!" I grin happily at him, smiling ear to ear, plenty excited to kick off these next few months of free time with him. Er– them...

Leo's heart flutters at such a glowing smile. His attention seemed suddenly zeroed in on me. He reaches over and gently strokes my cheek gently, looking in my eyes and mumbling lowly in a deep voice. "Watashi wa anata ga egao o mita toki ni watashi ga kanjiru koto o aisuru. Watashi wa anata ni au mae ni, watashi wa sore o nani ni mo shiranakatta dareka o mite egao ni naru no ga sukidatta riyū wa arimasen," he purred softly.

Translation: I love the feeling I get when I see you smile. Before I met you, I never even knew what it was like to look at someone and smile for no reason.

My face instantly heated up from the soft deepness of his voice. I had no idea what he just said, but I couldn't help but shiver at his thick yet soft foreign mumbling. All the while his thumb lightly stroking down to my neck didn't make it any easier. Leo smirks at my reaction and reddening face. Satisfied with his work, he pulls away and gets up, walking past me and heading to the living room.

I stay there still in my spot as my heartbeat was still rushing. It took me a few seconds to recover from the moment that just happened. Once brought back to reality, I impulsively look over my shoulder and make eye contact with Leo who had stopped just before exiting.

"Ya comin'?" He asks innocently.

I nod awkwardly and silently before getting up and following him out. We join the others on the couch together, and honestly, I still feel in a daze.

"We're all here," Casey announces. "Let the chillaxing session begin." He hoots and hollers as he raises his soda can up in a toast. The others laugh and do the same.

"Man am I glad this school year's over." April says, scooping up some Rocky Road. "Trigonometry was a killer."

"What are you talking about, Red? Trig was easy for you."

"I meant tutoring you in it."

The vigilante frowns before shrugging. "Fair enough. The tutor was kind of a killer too."

"Thanks, Jones. You really know how to make a girl feel appreciated."

"Don't worry about it, April." Donnie butts in from next to her. "I'm sure you were an exceptional tutor considering the circumstances."

Casey raises an eyebrow accusingly. "Was that a shot?"

Raph snickers before using Casey's head to flatten his empty soda can. "Bonehead."

The rest of us laugh as Casey glares and rubs the back of his head. Smiling, I look over at Leo, twiddling a thumb against the soda can I was holding before deciding to ask him quietly. "So, um... what exactly did you just say back there?"

Leo looks at me and his smile widens before he opens his mouth to speak. "I–"

"Ya know what? You're all gonna pay for that."

"Yeah? How so genius?" Raph continues to mock as he reaches for another soda.

Leo chuckles and shakes his head as he looks away from them and back to me. "I'll tell you later."

I nod silently and feel my cheeks reddening again, and my stomach squirming with unbridled butterflies. When I turn back, I see Casey smirking before reaching for some more soda himself: a two liter. He starts shaking it up quickly.

This time the hothead raises an eyebrow. Everyone silently watches him for a moment before Raph finally speaks up again. "What are you doing?"

"Casey, you're gonna make a mess–"

Leonardo was cut off when Casey stood up and ripped the cap off, aiming it at Raph and allowing the inside content to spew out and cover him in sticky soda. The red banded turtle jumps at the cold, sudden and unexpected contact before growling. "Casey!"

Jones only grins and makes sure to wait until the rest of us start laughing to turn on us, getting all of us as well. The teen laughs loudly and maniacally, pretty much resembling a hyena. Mikey laughs and decides to join in on the fun and grabs a two liter himself. Soon enough it turned into an all out soda war between the teenagers.

Mikey continues by spraying everyone, primarily soaking Donnie. April laughs as she catapults a scoop of ice cream at Raph. Leo holds me in place from behind as I'm struggling and laughing as Casey mercilessly sprays me with Cola. This went on for a good few minutes until we all hear a certain rat's walking stick enter the room. Splinter stops a couple yards away from the soaking lot of us and our mess. We all awkwardly stop in mid attack to look up at him.

"Heh... Hey, Sensei... Care to join us?"

Mikey's brothers warningly glare at him.

Splinter sighs and shakes his head, putting a hand over his eyes. "Teenagers..."

"... We brought you more cheesicles." April says and points to the bag on the couch.

Splinter moves his hand and raises his eyebrows before picking it up. Pulling the box out, he nods and lets out a satisfied grunt before turning to walk out. "Commence," he dismisses.

But the group only continues to stand still in our spots and stare at him in confusion, wondering if we had heard him right. Splinter stops just before crossing into the kitchen and looks over his shoulder at them. "You all know you will be cleaning this up, yes?"

"Yes, Sensei." They all respond in unison.

He nods and disappears into the kitchen.

"Well that wasn't weird..."

Raph goes to slap Mikey upside the head, but he ducks expectantly and smirks deviously before shoving an open pint of ice cream into his face, thus, starting the whole war over again.

Leo chuckles and looks down at me. "This is gonna be a long summer."

I grin smugly and reach up, emptying a can of Sprite over his head. "Ya got that right, Fearless."