Case #2: -Unknown- Pt. 2

The Witch who greeted Seth and Amber didn't look to be quite middle aged; Seth put her around thirty years. They sat in the back of a Jeep, driven by Kristin's personal driver. They were driven to the outskirts of the woods to meet up with the others.

  "So, Seth Smith was it?" Asked Kristine, crossing one leg on top of the other. "I have heard a great deal about you, your superiors have given you an exceptionally high rating in your Craft."

  "If you're referring to Captain Lykos or Gloria, they both give me too much Credit." Seth said politely, trying to humble the Compliment.

  Kristine smirked, "I have known Gloria for many years now. She hardly gives undo credit." Her eyes shifted. "I'm sorry I don't believe we have had the pleasure, I'm Kristine Goldshire."

  Amber nodded with a smile, "Amber, I’m Gloria’s daughter."

  Kristine’s eyebrow shot up, a look of amusement over took her prior 'politely lazy' gaze. "Gloria’s daughter? I didn't think she would allow that." She put her finger to her chin, "If I remember correctly you are almost of adult age, and have been quite the Rebel to your mother’s attempts to install the White Mage customs."

  Amber nodded, than shook her head. "I have no intention of being what she thinks I should be."

  Kristine laughed. "Then maybe you should attend the Black Mages summit in a couple of weeks with me."

  Amber looked at Kristine, a faint hope in her eye.

  "It would be wonderful if you spoke as a Black Mage who belonged to a White Mage family... It would give some very good insight as to how people choose their own ways, and shouldn't allow their families to do it for them... And by the way, how is your future husband taking it?"

  Amber blushed, and then her let out a faint sigh. "I'm not following the Family tradition; I have no intent to marry him."

  Seth cracked his neck than looked at Amber to explain. But she looked out the window, any attempt to get the information he sought would be futile and he knew it.

  "I see..." Kristine pressed her lips together and the cab went into an uncomfortable silence.

After what felt like hours of waiting, they had all finally arrived on the outside of the forest. Seth noticed the Sun was starting to set, and the trees starting to cast elongated shadows over one another.

The driver opened the jeep doors for everyone to exit from, and they came upon a small camp with two women poking at a newly born fire.

  "Alex, Maria," Kristine called walking up to them. Seth and Amber followed; Seth looked at the forest, his eyes searching for any sign of disturbance. "This is the Spector Seth Smith, and Gloria’s Daughter Amber." Kristine introduced.

  Seth bowed his head slightly. "This is Alexis and Maria Chang." Kristine smiled.

The first, Alex, was a smart looking young woman, very thin and tanned, with obviously dyed red hair. Her cloths were unorthodox to Seth, but he hadn't visited many pagan villages to cast too much judgment. Her skirt looked as if made by fine and well-designed tanned cloth with a black zig zag pattern running a few inches above the hem, which stopped at her knees. Her shirt, if you can call it that, was a fur that hugged and covered her breasts and an inch below, past that she was exposed, save a loose white vest that hung openly around her body.

  The Second, Maria, was of obvious of Asian decent. Her clothes represented a Chinese back ground: A red silk dress with two threads on her right shoulder, and sage green pants that were tighter than Seth thought the human body could stand. Her feet were rather small to fit into the jade green shoes she stood in, and her hair was slicked back into a tight ponytail that braided down to her knees.