Case #1 (Xaveus) Pt. 2

Seth drove down the dismal and dawn lit street, passing threw the barren country side back to the concrete jungle. He sat quietly with the low jazz music playing from the speakers and slight crack of the window. A cigarette occupying his mouth and a stream of smoke being sucked out of the window. In Seth's mind, plans on how to deal with the Xaveus consumed his rationality. Vengeance was the only thing on his mind, all fo the pain and suffering he felt and witnessed would be lesser, once the demon cur tasted his blade.

  "You know, i don't like free loaders." Spoke seth looking in his rearview mirror. He looked back to the road shaking his head.

  "Sorry." Said a voice from the back seat. Amber crawled up into the front of the car and took the passenger side. "Mom wanted me to come with you, she said that looking threw the file, you might need assistance."

  "The only thing you will be in this ordeal is dead weight," Replied Seth slowing down the car and pulling to the side of the road. "Now please tell your mother i am perfectly capable of handling Xaveus on my own."

  Amber let out a hefty sigh, "look, Mom said that the demon you encountered in Hell, and this demon are not the same."

 Seth gave her a skeptical look.

 "He is much stronger then you think, stronger then you." Amber noted with a serious expression. "You are going to need my help," She finished with a tone.

  There was an uncomfortable silence as the two glared each other down... One waiting for the other to give. Finally Seth broke the silence. "I will call for another Spector then," Seth growled looking forward. "I don't need a little runt like you getting in my way, when you have no experience dealing with a demon."

  Amber smirked, "No you wont." She sat back, a smiling pride flowing from her. "From what i can tell, you have never asked for help. Your pride will not allow you to admit you need it.."

  Seth clenched his jaw to her painfully truthful words.

 "Besides," She continued happily, "I have heard that the Spector Department is low on field agents, due to the 'Battle Front.'"

  "You would know." Replied Seth lowly,

  "What?"

"Nothing, Alright fine, you caught me. You can tag along, but you stay in the car. Got it?" Seth demanded pulling back on to the road.

  "Sure." Amber replied smiling triumphantly.

After driving for what seemed like hours, Clouds pulled in from the west, hiding the sun from the world, turning everything a tint of grey. The duo pulled into an empty parking lot in front of a dilapidated building. As vast as the parking lot was, it was nothing compared to the three story gargantuan before it.

  With cracks in the walls, and the broken in glass scattered from the once automated doors, the "Keep Out" Tape surrounding the place was warranted... Besides the Wali-Mart everything appeared peacful, almost, desolate. The surrounding building showed no signs of humanity, nor bodies walking away from the parked cars.

    "This place lookes like a ghost town." Quiped Amber stating the obvious.

 Seth ignored her comment and opened the car door. "Remember, stay in the car."  He stepped out and walked towards entrance. Greeted by a man in a white security guard shirt and batton in hand. "Sorry sir." He barked aggressively. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave, this area is closed to civilians."

  Seth looked at the officer and squinted, "I am not a civilian sir." Seth pulled out a badge, "Spector Seth Smith, i am here to rid this place of the infestation that has occupied it."