Case #2: -Unknown-

(A/N Yea i'm back for a bit. This chapter will be heading into more of a fear enducing (or attempting any way) style. I don't know if i will keep it up after the next two chapters where everything is explained. But i will continue the work. I forgot how time flies when i'm writing what i love... Let me know what you all think.)

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE!" Amber yelled, pushing her mother’s hand away.

"Don't you DARE talk to me that way young lady." Gloria scolded grabbing her daughter’s mouth, "I did not raise you to disrespect your elders... AND YOU!" Gloria snapped a stiff finger at Seth, who was standing with his back to a wall watching in aggravated helplessness. "WHY did you keep a witch, not yet a woman, out so late?"

  Seth shrugged, "I was investigating alleged claims of a Witch Doctor in that area, Amber asked if she could accompany me, and I said yes."

  "A Witch Doctor?" Gloria crooked her head, all of the anger she was feeling towards Amber vanishing from her face, she released the young witch from her grip; leaving Amber to rub her cheeks. "There are no Witch Doctors around here... They were killed off when they allied with the Necromancers years ago."

  Seth arched his back slightly and pushed off the wall. "I am not so sure; don't get me wrong, I didn't see the Witch Doctor myself... But, I did see someone dressed in attire that would cause suspicion."

  Gloria looked at Seth’s visible eye, his thoughts were calm and his mind read over and over 'I'm telling the truth, I’m telling the truth.' "I know you are just doing that to make me believe you, not because it is the truth," Gloria walked over to the kitchen island and took a seat on a bar stool. "I don't know who you thought you saw, but I guarantee you, there are no Witch Doctors in this area."

  Seth stroked the cloth covering his chin, "Then my search should prove fruitless and I will only have wasted otherwise worthless time anyway." He rubbed his neck, still a little stiff after his scuffle with the Wolves.

  "Actually Seth, there was a reason Captain Lykos put you on leave." Gloria bit her lip and looked down. Seth gave her a skeptical look, suspecting she was the one who ordered it.

"Why did you have him do it?" Seth spoke, his words low and curious.

  Gloria let out a breath "I need you to go to-"

  "The Battle front?" Seth finished, straightening his tie.

 The elder Witch let out a chuckle, "No, no, there are enough Spectors there for now. No I am sending you to assist a team that has been assembled specifically for this task."

  Seth felt a twinge of ice go up the back of his neck, and the hairs stood in a twinge of inexplicable fear. The Spector calmed himself down easily enough, but still question the reason for its sudden sting. "What is this task?"

  Gloria bit her lip again, Seth had never seen her so nervous before. Almost as if she was... Afraid? "Amber dear," The elder Witch looked to her daughter, "Would you mind fetching that bag Seth had you bring in from the Department?"

  Seth jerked his head to Amber; he couldn't believe that she told her mother about it. Though, it was his fault for not enforcing any rules about the briefcase.

  "She didn't tell me anything Spector." Gloria spoke with a mischievous smirk. "My daughters can't keep anything from me." She gave Seth a wink of mockery, and shooed her daughter to fetch the Case.

  Seth glared at the witch for another moment, feeling outsmarted by using her daughter to get information, and feeling betrayed by Amber for practically giving it to her, though he couldn't blame her entirely. If what Gloria said was the truth than nothing Amber did could be hidden from her mother. She could never get away with anything, no matter how hard she tried to cover up her tracks... That's gotta suck for a girl of her age.