27 - Home again?

The ride is long and tiring. I keep falling asleep. May has been sleeping since the beginning of the ride. In her defence, she nearly got burnt alive.
My feet hurt, I'm so glad that all this is over. I have been dreaming about home can't wait to get there.

"We're almost there," "That's the Serin boarder." Killua said.

"We go straight to King Reed!" Alyssa shot back.

" No one is arguing with that," "Who knows what hell has broken loose in Serin." Sleepy May added.

Yeah. Who knows what Mama has done. It's all Narissa fault but Mama isn't under any mind control, so this is all her doing. Intentionally! I hope everything can go back to normal.

"Ok, we are heading to the castle," " Lie, you should cast a cloaking spell, we don't want to draw attention." Killua suggested.

"Hmm, a car with 6 people that's kind of a stretch." I replied.

"It's really just 5 people," "Is it just you or are all earth witches weak?" Kury mocked.

"Weak? We can go head to head against your kind." I snapped.

"I used to think that but......." " Kingh Izvestia," Kury spelled.

"Sweet spells, now that's how you do a cloaking spell." Alyssa laughed.

" You shouldn't compare us, I'm a teenager and you are an adult," " You're league ahead of me." I tried to defend my honor.

"Well the last sentence is true but the first isn't," " Despite my obvious maturity in that area, I'm just 17." Kury smirked.

Alyssa and Hime giggled.

"It's our fault for thinking Thalie set the bar for other witches." Alyssa mocked.

"So cool, they can't see the car!" May shrieked.

" They also can't hear it." Kury boasted.

Oh look at him. Acting all high and mighty.

"Lie, Kury won't mind teaching you more about your new acquired skills." Killua smiles.

Always so optimistic! I wish I could be like that.

"Hmph, achnologe is wasted on an earthie!" Kury snarled.

"Earthie?" I bellowed.

" Keep the tone down, it's not like you can actually do something.... Earthie." Alyssa winked.

That sounds so weak. He is making fun of us, Earth users. Ah Earth user is so long, but Earthie is kinda off catchy.

"You gotta give him points for the coolness in the name, Earthie." May and Kury bumped their fists.

" We're at the castle!" Killua yelled.

After scurrying our way to through the castle. Finally, we are at the halls of the Reedian (he named it after himself).

"Hello, King Reed," " We found Narissa, she got away," " But we got her book." I yelled.

He jumped down. I am face to fang with King Reed and may I say he is scary. He is maintaining a poker face.

"Let me have it." He practically snatched and opened it.

The people locked within just looked like pictures with stories.

"I know it doesn't look like we succeeded but I can verify the authenticity of the book." I tried convincing him.

" No need for that, this is clearly the book." He said walking away.

"How would you know that, unless you've seen it before?" Alyssa called out to him.

"I don't answer to you." He kept walking.

Kury moved in front of Him and clasped his hands creating black mist. What! Is he threatening King Reed. He is insane.

"But you do, these kids risked their life for that book, all because you were to scared to face your mistake." Kury sternly said.

"Did you know about Narissa and the book?" "Yet, you sent us?" Alyssa ran beside Kury.

The king tried to pass but Kury stopped him.

"Technically, I have been around for a long time but you have been around for a longer time, so you know what my kind and I are capable of." Kury smirked.

" I thought my sister would have shed light on the topic but once again she fails." The king sneered.

"I have seen how the darkness can send someone to Tal hasa straight and I'm not in the mood of illusions nor dancing cat women, so I might as well tell the truth." The king stated.

What! Not only did he know Narissa but he also knows Eurithea and the boundary of Tal hasa. Trust no one!

"Long ago, I found the keeper of the book. He pretended to the humans that he was dead, so he could live an honest life. I forced him to steal the book from the humans and tried to get him to use it. He said he couldn't and I let the people burn them. But his daughter survived because she is an icicle turns out she knew the secret to using it. So she started this vengeful conquest but it failed thanks to you guys. You said Serin." He narrated.

Narissa was right. We are monsters. There is no way I'm telling him that I can unlock the book.

" Let me have the book, we got it, so hand it over." I insisted.

"Don't be sassy young lady!" He yelled.

"If you don't I will tell everyone what you really are!" I stood my ground.

" Who would believe you?" He laughed.

" Look around Serin, who wouldn't?" I stared.

He threw the book at me.

"Good, now you are going to name us as the saviors of Serin and make us the stars we truly are," "It's the least you can do after risking our lives for Serin." Alyssa added.

Oh I like this. I am definitely going to become the gem of my people.

"Ok, I grant your wishes in exchange for secrecy," " Plus be careful with the book, the maker of the book is sealed within," " He is looking for ways to come out but he is sealed in the deepest section," " Before he can be released, at least one creature must be unlocked from every segment of the book," " That's what Narissa tried to do but failed," " That's why I advice you to keep the book with me, so he doesn't get to you." King Reed said.

But I don't trust him. So I am keeping it.

" I think it's time for our celebrations." I winked.

"Yes, it is."