24 - Salem III

Am I whimpering? Yes, maybe, I don't know. Is this what death smells like?

As thoughts of death scattered my mind. I could hear heavier panting than mine. I hesitated to open my eyes and face the reality because my expectations were terrifying.

Gladly, this would be the best time for my imagination to fail. Yes it did or tried too. I didn't wake up to chocolate cookies dipped in ice cream but I certainly didn't wake up to hell. I was gay to see Killua and May alright. Plus the others too, yes they are good too.

"Guess, who is awake for the finale!" Alyssa fake cheered with an eye roll.

"If it makes you any happier, I hoped you were dead", I hissed.

"Why would I care? Let alone be happy?" Alyssa snapped with her usual raspiness.

"Because you are still alive and my wishes didn't come true and I know my misery brings you joy", I explained.

"Wow that's a lot", Britney remarked.

Alyssa smirked and glared. You know she isn't that scary in chains. My, I played cats and dogs with Alyssa so much that I didn't realise I was chained to a freaking pole.

"Why am I chained to a pole?" I asked trying to break lose.

"So that won't be happening and to answer your question. It's for a performance ", Narissa spoke as she came with chains and leashes.

Does she think we are animals? What is with the leashes?
Honestly, this is insulting and degrading!

"Who am I going to start with?" Narissa said as she started a guessing game.

Please be Alyssa! Please be Alyssa! Alyssa!

"Werewolf, it is", Narissa laughed as she pulled May and tied her to another pole.

She must've drugged May or something. There is no way that you can drag May to a pull and she will go with a fight.

"No, let her go!" I yelled at Narissa.

She ignored my cries as she placed wood parts around May's feet, I knew what was going to happen.

"Please don't do this! Don't hurt me!" May cried with tears rushing down her eyes.

"Don't worry, it will all be over soon", Narissa smirked as she poured the petrol on the wood.

With blood shot eyes, May stared at me as if her eyes would pop out at any time soon. Maybe that's her why of saying goodbye. We always knew this was a life risking mission but I never expected to lose anyone. No. I am not going to lose May. Not May, not anyone. I am sick and tired of being pushed around. She is not going to burn May. What am I going to do? Lie think!

"Stop! You will not burn my best friend ", I shouted.

"I see you don't want to miss out of the fun. If it's your wish to burn with her then fine", Narissa sighed. "After all, mostly witches are burnt on the stake", she sneered.

No. This isn't what I wanted. Lie think again.

I could slowly feel my body chained harder against the pole. Then she moved forward and dragged me and my pole closer to May's. There came an excruciating pain as my pole fell on the ground and was dragged towards May. This is the worst day ever.

"Ouch", I groaned as the dragging stopped.

"Don't get comfortable, the fires of Narissa are about to begin", Narissa said.

"That's lame", May blurted out.

Even in the face of that, she tries this. It must be a part of her. She really can't help herself.

Narissa hummed as she set my pole, then set the wood and petrol. She must really enjoy this.

"Why?" I asked. "Why all this?" I added.

"I have told you before. You know you should listen more often", Narissa replied with a salty tongue.

"No, why the burning? You can kill us in other forms but you chose this. Why?" I questioned.

"I got to watch people I love get burnt and my parents tore apart by werewolves........

"So it's a spin off of the Salem series. Girl who survived Salem comes back to give her revenge?" May rhetorically asked giving all the May attitude in her bones.

Narissa looked stunned. Then she smiled then picked up the torch and mouthed goodbye as she dropped it on the wood with petrol. In a glance, I turned to see my team. I turned to see Killua who eyes were shut. He couldn't bring himself to watch. This really were my last moments. In this may I perform my death rituals.

With tears rushing down as I heard May yell whilst we burned. I started my little rituals in pain. I wanted the fire to go so badly that I said the wrong words. I said the forbidden words. I called on a foul spirit who replied immediately as I stopped feeling the heat and found May who was coughing and tearing as she cuddle beside me on ground.

I hugged her and kissed her forehead. Glad to see her alive. As a werewolf she would heal but my legs are doomed until I get to a medical institution. Witches don't heal like them.

"Thank you", May whispered.

"Don't thank me. I just doomed us by calling a foul spirit", I said.

"What are you talking about? You set us free!" She replied.

"I am sure. It wasn't me", I stared blankly.

"You don't remember or what? You said some words then your necklace was shining as you casted a spell which set us free", She said.

I doubt any of that happened.

"What about the fire?" I asked.

"You absorbed it. It healed you", she said as she signaled to my leg which was surprisingly fine.

"That's not possible", I shot back.

"It's called witch fire and Zoran can inform you all about it later. For now you have my attention", Narissa stared from far.

Ahh how can she still be here. You mean in my strange magic period, I didn't get rid of her.

"You don't even know who you are", Narissa said refusing to come closer.

I looked perplexed.

"Lie! She is scared of you! You possess a natural form of the ancient witch magic called "Archnologia" ", Killua yelled.

"Huh. That's not possible the secrets of the magic was sealed away", I replied.

"Apparently, it was sealed away in your grandma's necklace and those words you said unlocked it", he replied.

So those were not forbidden words. There were the key. Grandma only said they were forbidden to prevent me from misusing it.

"Your Grandma had no idea what it was meant. It's just according to tradition to pass the words to the bearer of the necklace. It was your great great grandma that placed it. Her name was "Aithusa" ", Narissa told keeping her distance.

"I know her story. That means you are truly have Amazon ancestry", Brit said.

"Doesn't matter . Once I am done sealing you into the book, your new found powers will be useless", Narissa smirked as she started moving her fingers and pointed at Thalie.

Zap.

*****************
A/N

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Vote ☆☆☆☆

Comment

Follow