20 - The Lost Town of Memories

Congrats! We have reached the 20th chapter ;-)

MAY'S POV

I could feel my heartbeat increase as the eerie figure appeared.

"Who are you?" I panted.

As it came closer I could tell it was female and as she smiled I had a familiar feeling of what she was. I just couldn't get a hold on it.

"How do you know him?" I shrugged.

No response. I feel like I should run. I have to do this quickly.

As I turned to run, she finally spoke.
"Off so soon, I didn't think you were busy", She said.

At last! I recognise that feeling.
"Vampire!" I yelled.
"What about it?" She shot back revealing her fangs.

As I ran and lunged myself towards her, I found my body lifted up and thrown into the ice wall. So cold. It hurts.

"I am way to old for such childish games. Youth is a fleeting thing, you should cherish it?" She mocked.

Ouch. My back hurts, I can't even get up. The Ice is making it worse. It's so cold.

She carried me up and put me on her shoulder.

"What's going on?" , "Is this some form of ritual?" I fought.
"No, I am taking you to your friends. I can smell the fire and their blood", She replied.

"I am not tasty at all, you won't enjoy eating me at all but my friend "Alyssa" is a hot meal. Try her", I cried.

"I am not going to kill you, disgusting werewolf!" She whined.
"Ah thanks a lot. Hey that last statement was offensive", I groaned as she threw me down.

Alyssa got up at the stench of a Vampire.

"Back off, my ground", Alyssa fanged.
"Are you all so violent? She just attacked me", She point at me. "Plus this is my ground. I have been here longer than all of you except the Ice boy", She hissed.

Alyssa drew out her claws.

"You would be a fool to attack me", She smirked. "I have age and experience on my side. I can hear every muscle contraption in your body. I can tell what you are doing without looking at you", She added.

"So do you still want to battle?" She asked.
Alyssa acted like a scared little dog or puppy rather.
"Okay. Now we are calm", She smiled. "I need you people to search this place for clothes", She added.
"What for ?" I asked.
"I dont want stories of a naked boy running around while I was here. It's bad for my image you know", She replied.
"Don't worry, he is clothed", I replied.
"Who are you? I live in the county and have never seen you before. You must be a foriegner", Alyssa stated.
"No. I am Serinain but I haven't been there in 45 years. After the world war ended, so did my Serin days", She replied.
"Why? we finally had freedom. Supernaturals are free!" I said.
"But the humans are not", she shot back.
"So, they imprisoned us. Burnt our families!" Alyssa yelled.
"We killed them. Dragged them from their homes, are we any better than them?" She replied.

The silence was killing. She had given my a thought that I never even cared to guess about.

"And one day, the humans will come back for what they lost and this time they make sure we are all dead", She added.
"Monsters! " Alyssa spat.
"Yes, and so are we. We are the monsters of their dreams and they are the monsters of ours", She shot back

Creating another awkward silence.

"So what is this freedom you speak of? Living happily knowing that another suffers for you or living knowing karma is waiting on you?" She added.