26 - The ice witch.

Click bait! ( if from Twitter). Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter.
***********************

........... "This ends now."
"You! You think a couple of spells and sparkling necklaces is going to defeat me," Narissa laughed. "Think again!"

Narissa began to turn pale. Everything near her began to freeze, I could feel the chills. Well she definitely is an Icicle.

"I control everything dealing with ice and snow, " She continued. "No, I am not an Icicle, I am a witch whose speciality is Ice."

She yelled. I knew there are special witches that favour just one element but had never seen one. She is leagues ahead of me, I am just a simple earth witch who casts elemental spells. If this is a battle of strength then I have lost but it isn't and I have teammates. We can do this!

If she is Ice then my specialty is fire.
"Burn!" I tried using achnologia magic but it didn't work how I wanted it to work.

I had to think of a plan and quick. Narissa is blowing up and freezing everything in sight.

"Lie, I have a plan," Alyssa whispered in the raucous.

Why would I take a plan from Alyssa, of all evils in the world. Why would I dance with the devil at his hour? I guess it is my last option. Plus we are team mates after all.

"Don't try to fight her with fire, try a little water or melt the ice," Alyssa suggested.

"Why?" I asked,

"Hime uses lightning and water is a great conductor of electricity, so..........

"I took that class too, I understand what you are saying." I replied.

Alyssa might be one of the most difficult and annoying people to work with but she is one smart cookie.

I guess here this goes.

I tried connecting with the magic within the necklace and tried to melt everything that had been frozen. It was working, the building had become a pool of water. I knew what Hime was going to do next so I got Alyssa, May and Britney out of the water. May still looking feeble.

"I thought you were a wise one, Thalie," Narissa hissed, "Water doesn't work on me."

"No, it doesn't and you should know that you're a horrible reader." Hime smirked as rained down the lightning bolts.

Narissa cursed as she tried to move but couldn't. Until a broom came and picked her up. I tried to cast a spell as she lynched herself to me, she then bit me and vanished while crackling.

I am going to fall into the electrocuting water.

"Dry the water, dry the water!" I yelled while falling.

Did it work? Nope, I fell right into the water lucky there was no shock but the water surface felt quite hard when I hit it. I can't remember why? I probably should listen more in Physics class.

"Yay, we did it!" Britney yelled.
"Killua," I screamed as the realisation came in.

We stared at the book. Narissa had left her precious treasure with us. Why?

"Because she is tired of being the keeper."
A voice spoke in my head.
"Is this Kury the male witch?" I asked.

"It's spell caster and I can solve both our problems now," Kury said.

"How?" I asked.

He guided me on how to open the book to certain pages and how to release prisoners. I am a little scared following steps from a dark witch, but if it will help me get Killua then ok. As I moved my fingers starting from the index, a bright light shone and a figure was forming. I couldn't believe my eyes but it wasn't Killua!

"Never in my life have I been so disappointed." I said.

"Nice to meet you all, I am Kury," The figure smiled, "Thalie, I had to guarantee my safety before I help you with Killua's."

I can't blame him, I would have done the same.

He flipped the book to find Killua's page. Once he did, I began repeating the steps he told me on how to release someone. Finally, this time out of the book came Killua.

"Killua." We all shouted with happiness.

We jumped on him.

"Well, this wasn't the reaction I received." Kury said.

"You are right, thanks Kury," Killua replied as he pulled him into the family hug.

"Now, what next?" Britney asked.

"Yeah, there is no way that, we are going to give the book to that rude cannibal of a king,"  May said.

"It's going to be kept in the witch library," I replied.

"Agreed."

We all are smiling, even though Narissa got away. We have the book, Ice Prince and a new friend. We still feel like we won because all our missions feel accomplished. I mean King Reed, never asked us to kill her or bring a body.

We can all go home. Home sweet home. I had dreamt about this day and finally it was coming. I really miss my mom, and my sister. I just hope all hell hasn't  broken loose because when we left the situation seemed like it was going to become a brawl. I hope everything, becomes as peaceful as it used to be. This was a really scary journey, glad it is over.

As we all walked out of the building with our weak eyes and trembling legs. We saw Killua's brother had gotten us a ride.

"I will be driving!" He yelled.

"Thanks."

"Good to see you again," Killua said.

"You too, but you need to rest for now," He replied with a faint smile, "Hey Kury."

"I would be coming with you guys, I need some magical items from Serin," Kury smiled back.

"Please stay!" Killua looked with angelic eyes.

This boy really knows how to sweet talk. My eyes felt so weak when I entered into the car. I couldn't coherently make sense of what May was saying.  I just wanted to sleep and so I did.

"Lie, lie! Are you even listening?" May yelled.

Hmmmm. That is the only thing I can say right now.

*********************
A/N

Hey hey, I am back. Just dropping in to announce that this is precisely what you think it is.

One of the last chapters, but not the last. Anyways,  see you next week.

In case you came here from Twitter, sorry that was click bait to get you to read this chapter.